We are looking for a user experience designer to help us create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves on bringing creative solutions into existence in the community space and creating meaningful connections on the internet. As part of the design team, our UX Designer will be instrumental in shaping the future product of Geneva. You will help create experiences that allow community leaders to earn money, manage their communities, and bring new experiences to life for community members. You are a strategic, original thinker with a passion for keeping up with the latest interaction trends, but you also understand the hallmarks of a solid UX foundation centered around best practices and prioritizing usability above all else. Working closely with the product and engineering functions, you’ll help evangelize an empathy-driven, user-first mentality across the company that both elevates our level of product design and also works to achieve our larger company goals. You will utilize a full range of skills including, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design, to bring new experiences to life.
What you'll do
- Create thoughtful sketches, comprehensive wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to present to key stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Coordinate and execute key points in the design research phase, including facilitating user surveys and interviews, understand and utilize analytics, and conduct thorough competitive audits to help inform initial UX concepts and directions.
- Take the lead on usability testing to help inform and iterate on user flows and interactions.
- Take ownership over establishing and maintaining a consistent, coherent user experience overall of our product offerings.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, engineers, and product managers to encourage continuous dialogue and work as a team to launch the best products possible.
- Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
- 4+ years experience working in a fast-paced tech, agency, or media company.
- You have a high standard of creativity, craft, and quality. You understand what it takes to ship high-quality, consumer-facing experiences at a high velocity.
- Understanding of all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, usability testing, etc.
- You can create animations in Principle or similar tools to test ideas and explore interactions
- You can use your technical understanding to evaluate design solutions and facilitate guidance to engineering teams.
- You're a great communicator. You're able to organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- You are able to manage a project autonomously.
- Experience with the latest design tools, including Figma and Sketch.