As the tech lead on the backend team, you'll help guide 2-3 engineers in continuing to build features and maintain an existing TypeScript/NestJS/GQL/Golang application. You'll be heavily involved through the product development process and given the opportunity to give creative input into many phases of the product. You’ll work on something that will have mass impact, mass adoption, and mass reach.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will directly help guide all of the applications that depend on our backend services (iOS/Android/web). You'll work closely with our product, design, and outreach teams to help the communities on Geneva flourish. The role will require you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 4+ years of experience working with Golang and an interest in picking up TypeScript
- 4+ years of experience working with Node.js and an interest in picking up Golang (ideally 2+ years experience working with TypeScript)
- 1+ years experience tech leading a small team of engineers
- 1+ years experience working with GraphQL
- Strong experience with automated testing, especially in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience optimizing performance of backend applications
- Experience designing Golang and/or TypeScript/Node.js architectures and balancing agility with code quality
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience working through the entire product development lifecycle from inception to development and delivery
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- Experience building real time communication applications
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code frameworks