Geneva is a messaging app for groups, clubs, and communities — more private than social media, more organized that basic group chat apps, and more fun than workplace tools.
At Geneva, we envision a happier world where people feel safer and more comfortable communicating with one another online. That’s why we’re creating a flexible and robust group messaging app that makes it easy for people to have genuine conversations with the communities they care about. We see ourselves not as social media, but simply as infrastructure that lives in service to our community’s conversations; a new kind of digital space where power is distributed, where privacy is respected, and where advertising is nowhere to be found.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in bringing creative solutions into existence in the community space and creating meaningful connections on the internet. Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, guiding implementation, and collaborating with the larger team.
What you'll do
- Own design projects from concept through launch. You'll set the vision for user experience, explore complex problem spaces, generate and validate solutions, and evolve the experience to be most impactful.
- Be the voice of our users. You'll understand our users' behaviors through quantitative and qualitative data and develop hypotheses and design experiments to guide us to the best solutions.
- Work closely with product and engineering to find elegant and delightful solutions to design challenges.
- Produce high quality designs and experiences; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
- Own design patterns & system for for web and desktop applications.
- 4+ years experience in a fast-paced tech, agency, or media company.
- You have a high standard of creativity, craft, and quality. You understand what it takes to ship high quality, consumer-facing experiences at a high velocity.
- You have experience building and maintaining design systems that help you and the team keep organized and efficient.
- You can create high-fidelity animations in Principle or similar tools to push your designs over the edge and create delightful experiences.
- You can use your technical understanding to evaluate design solutions and facilitate guidance to engineering teams.
- You're a great communicator. You're able to organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- You are able to manage a project autonomously.
- Experience with the latest design tools, including Figma and Sketch.