As the tech lead on the web applications team, you'll help guide 2-3 engineers in building and delivering desktop applications that focus on engaging our users. You'll be heavily involved through the product development process and given the opportunity to give creative input into many phases of the product. You’ll work on something that will have mass impact mass adoption, and mass reach.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will directly shape the end user experience for communities on Geneva. You'll work closely with our product, design, and outreach teams to help the communities on Geneva flourish. The role will require you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a developer
- 4+ years of experience working with modern front-end frameworks such as React or Vue
- 2+ years experience tech leading a small team of engineers
- 2+ years working with TypeScript (or equivalent experience with other strongly typed languages such as Haskell, Scala, Flow.js, etc…)
- A passion for building exceptional user experiences
- Experience optimizing performance of React applications
- Experience designing frontend architectures and balancing agility with code quality
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience working through the entire product development lifecycle from inception to development and delivery
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- Experience building real time communication applications
- Experience shipping Electron based desktop applications