Geneva is an early-stage startup based in New York City building a highly-flexible communication app for communities that makes it easy for everyone to have genuine conversations with the people they care about. We're an incredibly motivated team with a track record of building successful businesses, backed by proven investors.
We know that being part of a group is vital to our happiness and well-being, but the tools and platforms most of us use today aren't designed to help us build and participate in positive communities. The way we see it, most social media platforms are too public and chaotic, and most chat apps are super limited and rigid. So we're creating Geneva as something in between: a new utility designed to actually bring people together. We believe in a new digital world — one where privacy is respected, power is distributed, and accountability is emphasized.
Why Join Us
- We're working on an important opportunity in consumer technology and if we can achieve our mission, our work will be meaningful and our lives will be purposeful.
- We’re a tight-knit group of tested entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds and complementary skill sets, and our team is led by a founder who has a passion for building products.
- We’re supported by a strategic team of industry leading advisors and investors (both institutions + angels) dedicated to our mission.
- We're a nimble and solution focused engineering team. We spend less time worrying about process and hierarchy by operating in a largely flat organizational structure, and focus more on autonomy/responsibilities and transparent communication.
We want to enable communities around the world to communicate and collaborate in a safe, secure, robust, private, and efficient manner. These are not easy goals.
On the infrastructure side, we're building a modern messaging platform to facilitate large scale real time group conversations across international boundaries. Our real time delivery platform is designed in a distributed fault-tolerant architecture. We strive for insanely fast messaging at scale with the lowest infrastructure costs imaginable.
On the UI side we want to build a beautiful user experience for everyone. Period. Not just gamers, or tech startups, or people nostalgic for decades old interfaces. This requires both product and engineering teams that are motivated first and foremost by profound love and empathy for their users.
Geneva team members get things done. We are a diverse group of self-starters obsessed with creating a delightful experience for our users. We are curious, passionate, meticulous, results-oriented, and enjoy wearing many hats. We fully embrace radical transparency — in a constructive way. Most of all, we're committed to keeping our team as small as possible for as long as possible.
We have an important mission in front of us: to create a new kind of social network for tight-knit private communities. The most exciting times at Geneva are yet to come, and we expect all team members to take ownership over our mission and constantly improve our product, our culture, and our company. We are looking for new team members who will bring their A-game day in and day out and find solutions to problems we would never have imagined by ourselves.
Geneva offers a range of benefits to all full-time U.S. employees, including:
- Competitive compensation
- A beautiful Tribeca office at Spring Place, right next to the Hudson River (When things open back up)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance provided through JustWorks
- You will have the option to enroll in one of several medical, dental, and vision insurance plans we offer through Aetna. Further, Geneva covers employees' monthly premiums.
- A One Medical membership, a direct primary care network that will grant you access to a range of healthcare providers, onsite lab services, and more.
- Access to on-demand virtual health services, so you can speak to a physician via phone or video 24/7.
- Commuter benefits through WageWorks, allowing you to pay for transit and parking using pre-tax dollars.
At Geneva, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops people from all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone to apply. Please note: due to the small size of our company, we may not be able to follow up with everyone — but we'll try our best!