Generation Bio is innovating genetic medicines to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The company’s non-viral platform incorporates a novel DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a unique cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and a highly scalable capsid-free manufacturing process that uses its proprietary cell-free rapid enzymatic synthesis, or RES, to produce ceDNA. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose, to deliver large genetic payloads, including multiple genes, to specific tissues, and to allow titration and redosing to adjust or extend expression levels in each patient. RES has the potential to expand Generation Bio’s manufacturing scale to hundreds of millions of doses to support its mission to extend the reach of genetic medicine to more people, living with more diseases, around the world.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 165 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @generationbio. To see additional roles, please also check out https://generationbio.com/careers/
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated molecular biologist with expertise in the one or more of the following areas 1) High-throughput, pooled screening techniques 2) Aptamer technology development and 4) nucleic acid cell biology/ host interactions. As part of our Platform biology team, the scientist hired will discover and apply new approaches to the development of our novel ceDNA gene therapy technology. The role is cross-functional, with key interactions with bioinformatics, pre-clinical, manufacturing and formulation teams.
- Conceive and execute experiments to inform ceDNA optimization & technology development strategies
- Analyze construct performance and molecular attributes in vitro
- Analyze complex datasets in order to design and optimize constructs
- Utilize modern synthetic biology approaches to develop and implement strategies for vector and library construction
- Mentor Research Associates
- Work with a cross functional team including pharmacology and bioinformatics
- Manage CRO activities, including project design, timelines and quality of deliverables
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Virology, Mammalian Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience preferred
- Fluency and extensive hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques with a focus on application to mammalian systems
- Experience with one or more of following methods is required - Host cell DNA-protein interaction studies, Aptamer engineering/ development, NGS-based pooled genetic screening
- Experience/ knowledge of AAV constructs, a plus
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis (e.g. Database curation/mining, Sequence analysis techniques and statistical evaluation of high-dimensional data sets), a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race (to include traits historically associated with race including, but not limited to, hair texture, hair type, hair length, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, twists, hair coverings, and Bantu knots), color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.