Generation USA Career Advancement Coordinator
Generation is a global nonprofit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 72,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 35 professions and 17 countries. When learners join Generation, 90% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 81% job placement rate, rising to 90% within six months.
Our vision is a meaningful career and sustained well-being for every person anywhere in the world. Our mission is to transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people to enter life-changing careers that would otherwise be beyond their reach. Our values are to go further together, solve problems that matter, better our best, empower and support, here to serve and be open and transparent.
Generation USA is the local affiliate and is dedicated to creating an organization where staff and learners of all backgrounds and identities can achieve their full potential, in class and at work. We envision an organization that dismantles barriers to success for our learners, enables staff to fearlessly be themselves at work and advances equity in the education and employment systems that we live within.
Reporting to the Career Advancement Manage Generation USA is seeking a Career Advancement Coordinator to design and implement systems and processes to support all Career Advancement goals
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Business Development & Partnership
- Manage Slalom/Microsoft/Turazo mentoring project using NETworkIT platform
- Partner with Development Director in conducting mock interview sessions with partner organizations and recruiting for Volunteer Mentoring Program
- Build and track a portfolio of learners/programs to ensure we collectively reach yearly placement metrics
- Maintain relationships with employer partners to gain industry knowledge and job pathway information
- Collaborate with Business Director to increase partnerships as well as placement opportunities with tech and non-tech organizations
- CurriculumCollaborate with the CI team to ensure that curriculum is up to date with relevant skills/certifications based on current job trends research
Career Advancement Coaching and Placement
- Provide career management team with learner support re: resumes, cover letters, mock interviews
- Maintain Learner Handbook and update policies/procedures
- Conduct systems training for the team as well as back-end support
- Liaise with the marcomms team to ensure streamlined internal and external current learner and alumni messaging
- Manage alumni support resources and events (feedback sessions, mock interviews, resource guides)
- Manage Generation partners’ internships (onboard interns, track progress, debrief after internship cycle ends)
- Coordinate alumni career development support workshops (resume, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Support learners after graduation 30, 60, 80, 180 with job placement efforts as needed such as preparing participants for interviews, participating in planning and executing hiring days, and supporting participants in finding and applying for jobs
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified talent to submit to current and future partners.
- Develop relationships and consistent touchpoints with cohorts and sub-groups of learners
- Leverage and manage multiple systems to onboard, source opportunities, and identify barriers to employment for alumni
- Onboard users, conduct mentor, and learning training as well as informational sessions (NETworkIT)
- Manage Handshake platform, onboard new users, and troubleshoot account issues
- Upload all events and maintain an updated resource library
- Provide backend support to the career advancement team and conduct training on updated features
- Source opportunities, provide backend support to the career advancement team, and conduct training on updated features (TalentNeuron platform)
- Create program-specific course curriculums involving simulated opportunities with significant organizations for learners to enhance technical skills (Forage platform)
Team Contributor and Collaborator
- Actively and respectfully participate in team and staff meetings and retreats
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the organization as an integral individual contributor
- Strong cultural competency, including an understanding of power dynamics and how the intersecting axis of privilege and access supports or challenges efforts to center equity
- Additional related duties as assigned
You have outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills and are proficient in systems and processes designed to help the career advancement team reach goals. You are also a problem solver who enjoys securing resources for a mission. You have a data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with a diverse audience.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve, and manage time well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects and balance short and long-term objectives
- Collaborative demeanor with an ability to facilitate meetings
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
This is a full-time contract position (40 hours/week) with the possibility of renewal or conversion to a regular full-time employee paid at an hourly rate of $28.84. There is a generous benefits package (medical, dental, and vision)—flexible scheduling, and 100% remote.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
While some roles may require proximity to our Jacksonville offices, positions based outside of this areas can sit in any of the following 24 states: CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.