Generation USA Data Systems Lead
Generation Generation is a global nonprofit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 72,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 35 professions and 17 countries. When learners join Generation, 90% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 81% job placement rate, rising to 90% within six months.
Of our employed graduates, 67% are hired by our repeat employer partners, and 88% are in jobs directly related to the profession for which we have trained them. Employed graduates immediately earn an average of 3-4X their previous earnings. Two to six years after graduation, 70% of alumni continue to meet their daily financial needs and 40% save for the future. To date, Generation’s global graduates have earned $630 million in wages, which will rise to $1 billion by 2023. Generation graduates typically have a secondary school background, 54% are female, 40% have dependents, and the majority identify with underrepresented communities in their country. GYE also conducts original research and shares data insights on high priority global workforce transition topics to inform decision-making by workforce system stakeholders.
Our vision is a meaningful career and sustained well-being for every person anywhere in the world. Our mission is to transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people to enter life-changing careers that would otherwise be beyond their reach. Our values are to go further together, solve problems that matter, better our best, empower and support, here to serve and be open and transparent.
Generation USA is dedicated to creating an organization where staff and learners of all backgrounds and identities can achieve their full potential, in class and at work. We envision an organization that dismantles barriers to success for our learners, enables staff to fearlessly be themselves at work, and advances equity in the education and employment systems that we live within.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Data Systems and Technology, Generation USA is seeking a Data Systems Lead to oversee Generation USA is seeking a Data Systems Lead to join our Data Systems & Technology Team.
In order to measure progress we must collect and analyze data at all stages. Generation’s 7-step methodology has data at the center for this very important reason. Data is both essential to determining the success of our programs and critical to our ability to diagnose problems and identify solutions. The Data Systems Lead will play an important role in supporting staff in its use of key data systems, to drive our daily work and enable robust reporting and analysis across the organization. This is a full-time and fully remote position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Salesforce System Administration & Subject Matter Expertise (40%)
- Act as the primary system administrator of a small Nonprofit Success Pack instance of Salesforce, currently used by the US Development team only
- Lead the development of an additional application within this instance to be used by the Admin & Ops team to support state compliance tracking
- Serve as the resident Salesforce SME, supporting the organization’s use of the Global instance of Salesforce which is maintained by the Digital Team in Mexico
- Work with US and Global teams to support the integration of other systems with either Salesforce instance as needed
Systems Requirements Analysis, Training, Support & (40%)
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communication with US and Global stakeholders, identifying and translating key pain points into clear system requirements
- Keep abreast of ongoing global requirements analysis and systems development, advocating for US needs in all communications and forums
- Develop customized self-serve training materials and guided, hands-on learning experiences for staff to learn how to use key data systems
- Regularly evaluate staff proficiency and satisfaction and work to continuously improve both learning solutions and systems adoption
- Work closely with learning and development team to coordinate the timing & delivery of training as part of onboarding for both new staff and staff transitioning into new roles
- Work closely with the global product operations team to gain expertise on new systems and features by participating in user acceptance testing and MPV training
- Help troubleshoot data system users’ issues and escalate to global support as needed
Data Management (20%)
- Manage import and export data files within and between data systems
- Regularly review and cleanse data as needed to ensure the highest quality possible
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management across multiple program data systems
- Work with other systems and data team members to evaluate the use of additional collection methods and tools
Team Contributor and Collaborator
- Actively and respectfully participate in team and staff meetings and retreats
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the organization as an integral individual contributor
- Strong cultural competency, including an understanding of power dynamics and how the intersecting axis of privilege and access supports or challenges efforts to center equity
- Additional related duties as assigned
You are passionate about data and innovative in your approach to structuring and managing it for optimal use. You are a critical thinker and problem solver with an eye for detail. You have a collaborative and positive spirit to work with various stakeholders. You are curious and can learn new systems quickly.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce system administration, preferably with a nonprofit organization, and Certified Administrator preferred
- Experience interacting directly with stakeholders to interpret and vet data collection and reporting requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G suites
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and manage time well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- Ability to discuss data with different stakeholders “in their language”
This is a regular, full-time (40 hours/week) salary, exempt position. The salary for this position is $85,000. There is a generous benefits package (medical, dental and vision, disability and life insurance, PTO, employer match on retirement contributions, observation of most federal holidays. Flexible scheduling and 100% remote.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”