Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is dedicated to creating an organization where staff and learners of all backgrounds and identities can achieve their full potential, in class and at work. We envision an organization that dismantles barriers to success for our learners, enables staff to fearlessly be themselves at work, and advances equity in the education and employment systems that we live within.
Generation USA is seeking a Director of Marketing who will lead promotion and advertising efforts to drive learner, partner, and donor recruitment and retention. The person in this role will be responsible for developing a strategic integrated marketing plan, overseeing the marketing team’s implementation of the plan, and optimizing and tracking results. This role reports to the Managing Director, Marketing & Communications.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Develops marketing strategies and calendars to align with organizational goals as well as branding and communications strategies
- Manages and leads the marketing functions and team which includes organic social media, email, influencer, and partner marketing with the goal of increasing student, partner and donor recruitment, engagement and retention
- Manages relationship with marketing agency for digital and radio advertising including budget oversight, strategy, and success tracking
- Uses industry, target audience, geographical market, and competitor research to identify trends and opportunities
- Analyzes data and provides reporting to track success and optimization points
- Collaborates with the Director of Web, Director of Communications and Managing Director, Marketing & Communications on strategic organizational campaigns to meet organizational goals
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other teams, such as admissions, learner experience, business development, partnerships, alumni, and development, to develop strategies and ensure accurate and timely information flow
- Manages, tracks, and assists in the development of the marketing budget in close partnership with the Managing Director, Marketing & Communications
- Provides marketing expertise and in-depth, subject specific advice to different stakeholder groups
- Provides counsel and advice to the Managing Director, Marketing & Communications in support of the organization’s strategic plan
You have the ability to bring people and processes together to create effective strategies. You have a deep understanding of marketing tactics. You develop strategies with an audience-first mindset. You are collaborative when aligning on goals and strategies and can work independently to implement them. You’re a strong, compassionate leader committed to the success and well-being of your team.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in strategic integrated marketing
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity work
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and manage time and stress well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”