Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Reporting to the Website Manager, Generation USA is seeking a Web Content Associate who will help champion our organization’s web presence on usa.generation.org. With our strategic goal in mind of training 500,000 students by 2030, this position will play a pivotal role in recruitment and development communications strategy and work closely with the digital marketing team.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Responsible for assembling and writing content strategy design, applying solutions for content organization, navigation, hierarchy, interaction design, and user processes, to create an effective digital experience.
- Produce content strategy deliverables in support of overall communications goals, branding, and digital strategy including but not limited to messaging and style guidelines, and editorial calendars to guide the development of an effective digital product.
- Provide content updates and ensure the accuracy of information in collaboration with broader internal teams.
- Lead special projects, including but not limited to: subsites, landing pages, other web-based product implementation, or projects.
- Use web metrics and your knowledge of digital technology to maximize search rankings, optimize content, and user engagement
- Use editorial skills to develop and manage an editorial calendar, collaborate with digital marketing and other internal teams
- Help maintain the team’s digital asset management system.
- Perform site/product audits for usability, and content.
- Maintain a site map.
- Perform SEO updates, alt tags, integration/site improvements.
- Work in partnership with a larger team, i.e. enrollment, development, learner experience, human resources, operations, to develop content for each department.
- Work with the digital marketing team to drive consistent website growth through the effective integration of keywords and metadata.
- Help with UX strategy as defined by the website manager.
- Build and maintain the website/information infrastructure and architecture.
You love to write, organize, and in particular, on the web. You know how to work on a small team and get projects done -- sometimes ambiguous. You’re an organized person who understands how to make language accessible. You know how to work with other specialties -- creative, social, editorial. You also know how to listen to others outside of communications, interpret their needs, apply your knowledge, and come up with a great solution.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent writing skills
- 1-3 years of digital content creation, content strategy experience or experience in a related field.
- A content strategy/web portfolio is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Experience with CMSs (WordPress preferred, Drupal, or something similar) and basic ability to perform maintenance of digital products.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”