Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a Program Operations Coordinator who will oversee daily operations of programs from orientation through graduation. This includes coordinating program schedules, maintaining the academic records of students, verifying attendance, determining graduation eligibility and planning graduation activities. Program Operations Coordinators will report to the Director of Programs Operations.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Upon Admission, connect with new Learners to ensure overall readiness and escalate outstanding matters that would affect their ability to have a smooth and successful start.
- Advise Learners on policies and procedures, program requirements, and related academic matters as defined by Generation USA’s Handbook and Learner Agreement
- Conduct outreach to students who are not present in class and document in Salesforce
- Provide comprehensive outreach to Learners who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory program progress.
Learner Data Management
- Coordinate with MarComms team to prepare, and distribute program schedule and orientation information to all accepted learners
- Maintain learner academic records (grades, attendance, etc.) in Salesforce and Canvas
- Oversee tracking and input of participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments (Weekly Scorecards) on a weekly basis in Salesforce and Canvas
- Conduct verification of learner attendance, drops, no shows, withdrawals and graduation requirements during programs.
- Collaborate with C & I and Data teams to verify learners eligible for graduation
Learner Program Management
- Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve Learner success strategies.
You take full ownership of your areas of responsibility and prioritize your time effectively. You are detail-oriented while seeking opportunities to better understand the broader picture. You have a collaborative and positive spirit to work closely with colleagues
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a service-oriented environment or education setting that is admissions or advisement related.
- Must have a strong commitment to education and have the counseling or coaching skills required to effectively keep online students on track.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds; Effectively work with multiple CRM and LMS databases and platforms.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth
- Positive, solutions and impact oriented attitude, drive for excellence Leadership in program settings (particularly those overseeing multiple sites or programs simultaneously)
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English) and attention to detail
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”