Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking an organized, strategic, and engaging Curriculum & Instruction Coordinator who will provide support across the Curriculum & Instruction team to ensure a cohesive and effective experience for all learners. The Curriculum & Instruction Coordinator will play a key role in providing ongoing program coordination and support to cohorts running across the country, managing Generation’s LMS and other tech platforms, and working in partnership with learners and Generation staff to document and coordinate learning accommodations to those who request it. Additional tasks may be assigned as the need emerges, and there may also be the occasional opportunity to support instructional design if specific instructional needs emerge..
Reporting to the Managing Director of Curriculum & Instruction, the C&I Coordinator will also work in partnership with the Technology Lead, the Inclusive Learning Lead (to be hired), the Director of Instructional Support, and Instructional Coaches. In collaboration with the team, the C&I Coordinator will draw upon their organizational and collaborative strengths to develop and implement consistent systems and structures that set our key stakeholders - instructors and learners - up for success.
Our belief on the Curriculum & Instruction team is that every Generation learner can find success in our programs, and the C&I Coordinator will work behind the scenes to make sure we’re set up to deliver on our belief.
This is a full-time and fully remote position. Occasional travel (<10%) may be required in accordance with any and all local and federal health guidelines.
Curricular/Programmatic Support and Operations (50%)
- Develop and implement a clear process and checklist for “Week 0” program launches. Implement the process, act as a project manager, and collaborate with relevant teams and stakeholders - Partnerships, Curriculum & Instruction, Marketing & Communications, Learner Services, program delivery partners, etc. - to ensure a smooth and effective launch for learners and instructors.
- Provide ongoing logistical and curricular support for cohorts. This may include, but not limited to, acting as a point of contact to troubleshoot curricular access issues (for instructors and learners across various platforms); making revisions to calendars and schedules to accommodate guest speakers, holidays, or other events; coordinating with the Global Curriculum & Instruction team to design alternative or flexible schedules; etc.
- Support in the coordination and facilitation of “activity mapping” - the process by which the Curriculum & Instruction team job shadows and interviews relevant stakeholders when developing a new program
- Create and update program pages on GenInfo, Generation’s internal knowledge management system.
LMS and Tech Platform Management (20%)
- Update cohort-specific landing pages for all necessary platforms to ensure learners and staff have up-to-date information
- Support the ongoing Canvas LMS upskilling and training for new instructional staff
- Develop and implement a clear process and “checklist” to ensure that all learners and instructors have access to relevant instructional platforms
- Manage licenses for external instructional platforms, including coordinating and communicating with external vendors, internal operations staff, and/or Generation’s Global C&I team
Learning Accommodations Management (20%)
- Collaborate with the Inclusive Learning Lead (to be hired) to develop systems and structures to monitor ongoing implementation of accomodations.
- Monitor learner requests for accommodations and facilitate one-on-one meetings with learners to document necessary accommodations in accordance with ADA requirements.
- Communicate with relevant learner support staff (instructors, TAs, career coaches, life coaches, etc.) to ensure accommodations are clear. Follow up with relevant staff and/or the learner throughout the program to ensure successful implementation of accommodations.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to ensure legal compliance, including preparing for and supporting ongoing audits
Miscellaneous Projects (10%)
- Collaborate with the Managing Director of C&I to gather and synthesize feedback and data related to learner progress, curricular quality, instructional effectiveness, etc.
- Co-facilitate and/or provide operational support during ongoing C&I overview sessions, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director of C&I and the Global C&I team to design standalone sessions that address unique program needs.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned.
We are seeking someone who is committed to positively impacting the lives of our learners, even if their work is largely behind the scenes. You have a growth mindset, have the ability to “see around the corner” and proactively present solutions before issues arise, and are committed to improving the overall quality and effectiveness of our programs. You ideally have some instructional experience and/or knowledge of instruction or learning accommodations as it will help to inform the operational support you provide to the rest of the C&I team.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to Generation’s mission, particularly in supporting all learners to find success in our programs
- 3+ years of experience in an operations, program/project coordinator, learning support, and/or instructional role
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to create structure and systems out of ambiguity or complexity
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, with an eye towards creating simple solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to find, analyze and synthesize complex information to produce clear and effective written documents or presentations
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership, personal responsibility, and timeliness
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”