Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a US Placement Coordinator who will support placement activities for learners and graduates across various Tech programs within Generation. This Coordinator will connect learners and alumni with placement engagement opportunities and events like classroom presentations, post program events, data collection and job platform management. They will be responsible for calendar management and scheduling, placement communications, event execution and data collection. They will assist Placement Managers with a portfolio of employers as well as a portfolio of learners, working diligently each day to set our learners up for success. They will be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team working towards creating pathways for 500,000 learners by 2030.
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
Job Placement Platform Management (40%)
- Act as Single Point of Contact for Handshake; managing all activities executed using the platform. This includes but may not be limited to;
- Post jobs and monitor applications
- Distribute applicant invitations
- Assist with profile creation
- Monitor and improve profile creation rates
- Grant employers access to the Generation Handshake page as well as proactively source new employers.
- Develop and post job employment articles relevant to Generation programs and employment partners.
- Create post and manage event registration.
Event Management (20%)
- Coordinate events including Career Fairs, Career Launch, Workshops, and Employer Info Sessions. This work will include;
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications department to develop marketing materials.
- Develop and distribute messaging including invites.
- Solidify scheduling with external partners such as employers.
- Manage run of show using virtual platforms like Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Classroom Presentation Scheduling/Management (20%)
- Coordinate classroom presentation scheduling on behalf of the Placement Managers. This will include but not limited to;
- Understand overall program scheduling and times carved out for Placement Team presentations.
- Partner with Instructors and TA’s to finalize presentation dates and times while confirming with Placement Managers.
- Compile and edit presentations as needed.
Data Collection and Tracking (10%)
- Use internal systems (Salesforce, PowerBI, Handshake etc.) to collect and analyze learner and employer data.
- Regularly clean-up data to ensure integrity
Project Management (10%)
- Manage learner/alumni focused projects as needed/assigned by Placement Lead and Placement Managers.
You love to see others win, and you are passionate about sharing and securing resources for a mission that you believe in. You are a self-starter, and can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team identify and secure partnerships so that each program will have a robust pipeline of employment opportunities to ensure program sustainability
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in fast-paced, high-growth environment supporting a team.
- Minimum 1 year experience in event management
- Minimum 1 year experience in systems management
- Ability to learn quickly and develop systems expertise
- Ability to work independently in a virtual work environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in and across teams to accomplish goals.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize and share data
- Excellent organizational with high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably navigate tools and technologies
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”