Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a Placement Coordinator who will serve as a facilitator of jobs and placement opportunities for learners and graduates across various Tech programs within Generation USA with an emphasis in Jacksonville, FL. This individual will work directly and indirectly with employer partners to connect them directly with our Generation learner talent. They will be responsible for facilitated workshops, small group sessions and consistent job posting and curation. They will manage a portfolio of employers as well as a portfolio of learners, working diligently each day to set our learners up for success. This individual will work closely with internal teams including the Curriculum and Instruction as well as the Learner Experience team to identify best-time and best-practices for connecting and engaging learners during their program experience. They will be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team working towards creating pathways for 500,000 learners by 2030.
This is a full-time position. Candidates based in Jacksonville, FL are highly preferred.
Candidate Sourcing/Portfolio Management (30%)
- Source, screen, and qualify potential learners/candidates utilizing internal systems/resources including: Handshake, GenConnect, Learner Experience Team , and additional internal databases, etc.
- Interview prospective internal candidates via phone/zoom to assess skill set, work history, fit and salary requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified talent to submit to current and future partners.
- Develop relationships and consistent touchpoints with cohorts and sub-groups of learners
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communication with all learners in portfolio through outreach and cultivation activities
- Communicate placement opportunities with internal Generation team to ensure learner success and collaborate with Generation teams to collect and track placement data
- Build and track a portfolio of learners/programs to ensure we collectively reach yearly placement metrics
Prospecting and Cultivating (20%)
- Work with Generation Business Development Team and Jacksonville Program Quality Manager to actualize leads and market intelligence to enhance our placement efforts.
- Work with Generation Business Development Team and Jacksonville Program Quality Manager to identify potential internship (WEX) partnerships for Jacksonville program graduates (IT and Medical sectors)
- Conduct in-depth analysis of internal hiring trends to drive and pursue existing and new roles for learners
- Maintain prospect list within each target market/target program using internal and external research resources; marketing qualified learners to employer partners
- Maintain relationships with employer partners to gain industry knowledge and job pathway information
- Perform outreach and cultivate potential employer partnerships, lopping in BD team as partnership elevates.
Jacksonville Placement Events (10%)
- Organizing hiring day for each AMA cohort to ensure that they have an opportunity to interview with Jacksonville employers
- Organize hiring events (as needed) for all Jacksonville IT learners
WEX (Work Experience Internship Program) (30%)
- With the support of the placement and program teams, create and finalize WEX (internships) handbooks and contracts for both learners and employers
- Create and implement an internship close-out process to ensure we are gathering feedback from participants and employers to improve the WEX experience
- Organize and manage WEX Placement: At the end of each cohort, ensure all students know about the opportunities and are placed based on location/tasks/etc
- Conduct monthly site visits to check on employer and learner WEX experience
- Serve as the point of contact for all employer internship partners
Data Collection and Tracking (10%)
- Use internal systems (Salesforce, PowerBI, Handshake etc.) to collect and analyze data of our learners as well as employers.
- Regularly clean-up data to ensure integrity
- Use data to drive decision making and communication across all involved.
Jacksonville Program Goals
Ensure that Jacksonville Program graduates meet the following benchmarks:
- 100 graduates/year participate in a WEX Internship
- 30 WEX participants are Career Source enrolled learners
- 24 WEX participants are Non-Career Source enrolled woman learners
- 80% of all graduates are employed by 90 days post-graduation OR post-internship
You love to see others win, and you are passionate about sharing and securing resources for a mission that you believe in. You are a self-starter, and can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team identify and secure partnerships so that each program will have a robust pipeline of employment opportunities to ensure program sustainability
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience in fast-paced, high-growth, client/constituent -facing position
- Medical administrative understanding/experience (Billing and Coding, etc.) AND/OR IT Industry understanding/experience (Including Helpdesk Cloud, Web etc) preferred
- Staffing and/or Talent Matching experience and/or background
- Project management/Portfolio management
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple types of partnerships and balance short and long-term objectives
- Ability to work in and across teams and bands to accomplish goals.
- Professional demeanor with exceptional ability to establish credibility with executives
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize and share data
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to diagnose partner needs through exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Poised under pressure
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably navigate tools and technologies (e.g., Generation App, changes to data tool)
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”