Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a Growth & Impact (G&I) Coordinator who will support all aspects of the G&I team. Generation USA is in the midst of a large scale up and this role is a crucial element of our G&I strategy. Reporting to the Chief Growth & Impact Officer (CGIO), they will be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team working towards a goal of serving 500,000 learners by 2030.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
Administrative & Operations Support (60%)
- Collaborate with entire G&I team to support critical, mission-driven projects
- Work closely with the CGIO to support with administrative responsibilities, including scheduling meetings, creating meeting agendas, taking minutes during meetings and initiating follow ups
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Support both internal and external communication on behalf of the G&I team
- Help prepare for meetings and presentations
- Create PowerPoint decks, reports, projections, and forecasts as needed for external and internal purpose
- Manage monthly updates and distribution of G&I overview PowerPoint decks
- Manage goal setting process for G&I team
Data Management (40%)
- Ensure the G&I team is remaining compliant with data entry expectations
- Use various softwares, including spreadsheets, databases and presentation softwares
- Continuously update G&I records in Salesforce and other databases, as necessary
- Manage CGIO Salesforce entry
- Generate weekly Salesforce reports for G&I team
You are mission-driven, collaborative and have the ability to work with various stakeholders. You are a self-starter, and can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, detail oriented and can learn quickly.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and CRM database (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to find, analyze and synthesize complex information to produce clear and effective written documents
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and manage time well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”