Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a Director of Program Operations who will serve as to oversee daily operations of programs from orientation through graduation. This includes coordinating program schedules, maintaining the academic records of students, enforcing program policies, determining graduation eligibility and planning graduation activities. The Director of Program Operations will report to the Managing Director of Programs.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
Learner Data Management
- Oversee management and maintenance of learner academic records (grades, attendance, etc.) in Salesforce and Canvas
- Confirm that learners are registered for correct courses
- Coordinate with MarComms team to prepare, and distribute program schedule and orientation information to all accepted learners
- Oversee tracking and input of participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments (Weekly Scorecards) on a weekly basis in Salesforce and Canvas
Establish and Enforce Program Policies
- Participates in the development and implementation of Generation policies and procedures regarding learner registration
- Establishes graduation requirements in collaboration with Learner Services and Learner Instruction teams
- Enforces program policies as established in Generation Handbook and Learner Agreement
- Schedule and execute program graduations
Learner Testing and Certification Program
- Oversee learner certification program and support participants the certification program as is relevant for their country context.
- Managing learner testing and certification data
- Ordering learner textbooks/materials for ITSS programs
- Oversee purchasing and management of testing licenses
- Managing learner certification data post test
You take full ownership of your areas of responsibility and prioritize your time effectively. You are detail-oriented while seeking opportunities to better understand the broader picture. You have a collaborative and positive spirit to work closely with colleagues
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
- Leadership in program settings (particularly those overseeing multiple sites or programs simultaneously)
- A track record of leading, motivating and developing high-performance teams
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including those with senior management at employer partners, government officials and agencies where required, negotiating with external vendors and enforcing governance with implementation partners etc.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth
- Positive, solutions and impact oriented attitude, drive for excellence
- Experience of starting / running a skills training related organization and knowledge of the non-profit landscape is preferable and but not required
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English) and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel across Generation USA cities
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”