Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking an organized and engaging Enrollment Coordinator who will connect and provide tangible access to our programs. The Enrollment Coordinator will play a key role in screening applicants and enrolling learners in cycles throughout the year. The Enrollment Coordinator will also be integral to ensuring our systems work seamlessly to allow us to screen and select applicants in a uniform and equitable manner.
As the more experienced position within the team, you will be expected to provide supplemental support dependent on your strengths (data analysis, training, content development, etc.) and may oversee a wider population. They will also work alongside the Admissions Lead to create strategies that help meet outlined goals.
Our philosophy is that every prospective learner feels personally connected, welcomed, and confident with their prospect to attend this program. Because of this, the Enrollment Coordinator spends time with every prospective learner managing expectations. The Enrollment Coordinator reports to the US Admissions Lead.
This is a fully remote position.
- Cultivation and Strategy (55%)
- Guide prospective learners through the online application, screening, eligibility, and interviews to help drive program and job retention
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communication with all prospective students through outreach and cultivation activities
- Proactively identify current and future obstacles to enrollment for prospective learners throughout the admissions process via email and phone
- Work with Admissions Lead to create strategies towards contact strategies and meeting overall cohort outcomes
- Work closely with Learner Support Services to determine max levels of risk of each program cohort can support
- Prospect Research and Analysis (30%)
- Determine prospective learner’s level of program readiness and behavioral risk factors by researching, analyzing, and documenting a holistic representation via the prospective learners application data and through outreach
- Evaluates the effectiveness of various admissions tactics by analyzing applicant data, contribute to departmental best practices, and regularly present findings/solutions to Admissions Lead to improve the enrollment process overall
- Portfolio Management and Planning (15%)
- Maintain portfolio of regional cities and drive team conversion efforts to target 50 enrolled learners per cohort
- Manage the admissions process across multiple enrollment systems and operations while adhering to Generation standards
- Responsible for meeting outlined goals and objectives based on programmatic needs
- Provide knowledge & tools to mitigate each individual’s obstacles to success within the program
- Assists in developing a continuous network of partner referrals
- Avoid legal liability issues through thorough adherence to policy, procedure, and guidelines
- Enhance Generation’s admission department and overall brand reputation by executing in accordance with standardized practices and building strong applicant relationships
We are seeking someone who is committed to learning more about our prospective learners and how they will benefit from our various programs and pathways. You have a recruiting mindset, and keep a learning mindset to become an expert at all things Generation. You are a natural matchmaker and communicate in a manner that sets clear expectations and gauge readiness of prospective learners.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of experience as admissions counselor, in admissions or enrollment
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, people-reading, and decision-making skills, and ability to stay organized
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to use independent judgement and decision making
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”