Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking an organized and engaging Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager who manages the day-to-day analysis and optimization of our admissions and enrollment team’s business and operational processes in order to improve the overall performance of our team members and the applicant experience. The Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager will be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis and insights. The Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager will also be integral to ensuring our systems work seamlessly to allow us to screen and select applicants in a uniform and equitable manner.
The Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager will use organizational KPIs to help develop functional area team KPI metrics, study workflows and identify opportunities to align business processes with technological tools. They will also work alongside the Admissions Lead to create strategies that help meet outlined goals.
Our philosophy is that every prospective learner feels personally connected, welcomed, and confident with their prospect to attend this program. Because of this, the Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager will ensure that team members are appropriately trained to create the best prospective learner service possible and that the team is equipped with the processes and knowledge to increase efficiency. The Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager will lead the effort to ensure that quality remains at its highest across all areas of the enrollment process. The Enrollment Quality Assurance Manager reports to the US Admissions Lead.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Process Optimization
- Support Admissions Lead in their analytical needs to help them make data-driven decisions towards the enrollment process - which includes contact strategies, implementation of new tools, and meeting overall cohort outcomes
- Monitor performance indicators of enrollment team functions, identifying causes/trends, and drive data-based decision making through creation of insightful reports
- With Admissions Lead’s guidance, use enrollment data and trends to inform strategic recommendations and is responsible for the team’s implementation of new processes; moving strategies forward, and problem-solving along the way
- Analysis & Strategy
- Act as the subject matter expert in data-driven processes and provide leadership in this area to team members
- Collaborate with Data Systems Training & Support Specialists to find strategic technical solutions to improve the application and systems/technology for the Admissions team
- Remain up to date with new technologies to identify opportunities to improve business intelligence processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various admissions tactics by analyzing applicant data, contribute to departmental best practices, and regularly present findings/solutions to Admissions Lead to improve the enrollment process overall
- Identify ways to increase user adoption and customer satisfaction
- Training & End-User Execution
- Train end-users across an array of technical levels to effectively use current recruiting data system and new tools/processes; leveraging the Data Team’s training capabilities
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes. Design changes can include complex enhancements or integrations
- Execute biweekly admissions process to admit new learners and enroll them to cohorts using Generation’s recruiting system, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team
- Proactively identify current and future obstacles to enrollment for prospective learners throughout the admissions process and record these findings for discussion and further analysis
- Perform in-depth analysis of the prospective learner database to provide robust insights into the behavior of our prospective learners
- Work together with the data team to develop, implement, and maintain reports on key results and performance metrics and use these reports to support and improve enrollment processes
- Aggregate data from multiple data sources to provide a complete picture and tell a story of the prospective learner experience
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available data sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Determines and recommends additional data collection and reporting requirements
We are seeking someone who is committed to learning more about our prospective learners, team processes, data collection, system integration, and how that all fits into the Generation mission. You maintain a learning mindset to become an expert at all things Generation in order to see opportunities to leverage other teams and how it informs our processes. You are tech-savvy and learn new tools quickly. You are a motivator who is personable, approachable, and socially engaging. You can cultivate relationships and build rapport quickly and authentically with people from a variety of professional and cultural backgrounds. You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to self-sustaining careers, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of experience with student information systems, admissions, and/or enrollment management operations
- 2+ years in a process improvement/training and development role
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes implementation and/or optimization
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the team
- Superior problem-solving skills, in both ambiguous and tactical situations, and a bias for action
- Display initiative and desire to think beyond current parameters of role
- Strong technical aptitude (Google Sheets/Excel, Slides/PowerPoint, Salesforce, etc.), project management, and organizational skills with detailed follow-through abilities
- Strong evaluation and data management skills
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Ability to use independent judgement and decision making
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
In lieu of a cover letter, please provide examples of documented process improvements you designed/implemented previously.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”