Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking a Systems Training & Support Specialist to join our Data Team. In order to measure progress we must collect and analyze data at all stages. Generation’s 7-step methodology has data at the center for this very important reason. Data is both essential to determining the success of our programs and critical to our ability to diagnose problems and identify solutions. The Systems Training & Support Specialist will play an important role supporting staff in its use of key data systems to drive our daily work.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
Systems Support (60%)
- Provide 1st-tier end-user data systems support for US staff and escalate to global support as needed
- Manage and support weekly execution of recruitment processes including accepting applicants and enrolling new students in Salesforce in collaboration with the Enrollment and Marketing & Communications teams
- Monitor completion of enrollment team’s work in the recruitment data system in collaboration with QA and provide support as needed
- Provide additional data support and other projects as needed
Systems Requirements Analysis (25%)
- Manage the setup and maintenance of applicant screening processes as we launch new training programs throughout the US
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communication with US and Global stakeholders, identifying and translating key pain points into clear system requirements
- Keep abreast of ongoing global requirements analysis and systems development, advocating for US needs in all communications and forums
Systems Training (15%)
- Develop customized self-serve training materials and guided, hands-on learning experiences for staff to learn how to use key data systems
- Regularly evaluate staff proficiency and satisfaction and work to continuously improve both learning solutions and systems adoption
- Work closely with learning and development team to coordinate the timing & delivery of training as part of onboarding for both new staff and staff transitioning into new roles
- Work closely with the global product operations team to gain expertise on new systems and features by participating in user acceptance testing and MPV training
You are patient and embrace a service-attitude, seeking to understand the unique perspectives and pain points of key stakeholders. You have excellent problem-solving skills and can adequately troubleshoot requests before escalation. You are a self-starter and eager to learn new systems quickly and with little support. You have a collaborative and positive spirit to work with various stakeholders.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 1+ years experience providing 1st-tier support for enterprise-wide data systems
- Experience developing training materials and conducting training for data systems
- Experience with recruiting/enrollment/admissions and/or learner/case management data systems preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G suites
- High proficiency in MS Excel preferred
- Experience working remotely using Slack and Zoom preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Confluence, and PowerBI preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and manage time and stress well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”