Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Reporting to the Lead, Marketing and Communications, Generation USA is seeking an Email Marketing Coordinator to develop, implement and track email marketing campaigns in coordination with the marketing team.You will manage the execution of email sends, email testing, database maintenance, data entry and will assist in copy writing and data analysis. They will be heavily involved in email acquisition efforts and campaigns, including list acquisition from partners. With our strategic goal in mind of training 500,000 students by 2030, this position will play a pivotal role in student recruitment and engagement, partner communications, donor relations, and fundraising efforts.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
Email Creation & Deployment (45%)
- Create, test, and deploy email campaign in line with overall strategy and utilizing best practices
- Work closely with marketing and communications team to ensure messaging and branding is aligned
- Automate campaigns utilizing personalization parameters and database integrations
- Draft copy for email campaigns
- Create or request creative assets for campaigns
- Ensure campaigns are deployed correctly
- Keep email marketing calendar updated
- Newsletter strategy and deployment
- Optimize emails for deliverability, open rates, click-through, conversion and mobile devices
- Conduct A/B testing
Email List & Platform Management (30%)
- Work with internal departments to update and manage email lists within email marketing platform
- Consistent clean up of email lists
- Manage and ensure integration with website and CRM is functioning
- Assist in email acquisition efforts by working with Growth, Development, and Learner Experience teams to utilize partner lists
Team Collaboration (15%)
- Work with members of the Marketing & Communications, Learner Experience, Growth, and Development departments to implement key messaging in email communications
- Seek campaign content approvals from relevant team members
- Work with web team and social team on the creation of landing pages and aligned content
Campaign Tracking & Reporting (10%)
- Track performance of email campaigns and suggest future campaign optimizations based on results
- Update reports on key performance metrics on campaign performance and list health
- Keep apprises of and report on emerging trend in email, SMS or push notification strategies and best practices
You are a communicator who has a deep passion for digital communications. You are the spreadsheet master that loves a good database. You’re creative and stay on top of emerging trends in digital communications. You work well collaboratively but can complete tasks individually. You’re able to take data and trends and turn them into actionable insights.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 1-2 years experience in email marketing and communications and database management
- Excellent and concise written communication skills
- Experience inputting and managing data lists and email campaigns within email marketing software such as Mailchimp
- Skilled in asset creation tools such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Integration experience with Salesforce a plus, not required
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”