Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
The Generation Alumni Experience Team is a first-stop for career support and advancement. Generation alumni are proof that our work is impactful and relevant. Our alumni services are critical to career advancement and retention for alumni, as well as, the growth of our program. Generation wants to ensure that as we scale, alumni have seamless access to career support. The Alumni Data Systems Coordinator will provide critical functionality to support alumni services and create new insights for Generation’s work.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Systems Maintenance (40%)
- Manage daily monitoring and maintenance of all alumni systems.
- Manage imports and access to systems for alumni and staff.
- Oversee the access, integration, staging, and reporting of data from multiple data systems.
- Move and validate information between data systems and provide requested information through files and reports.
- Troubleshoot systems for optimal performance.
- Reporting (30%)
- Create and maintain reports for alumni programming.
- Support reporting to organization with routine dashboard updates
- Oversee reporting requests for staff.
- Training and Support (15%)
- Facilitate training and support for staff using alumni systems.
- Maintain and update system procedures.
- Communications (15%)
- Manage marketing support for alumni programming.
- Maintain reporting for marketing.
You see connections in how things work together. You are self-motivated and curious about your work. You find opportunities to optimize processes. You understand how to communicate insights from data to different audiences. You understand the value of the Generation alumni community, and see the life-long impact career opportunities provide to our alumni and their families.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of prior professional experience managing the implementation, optimization, utilization, and maintenance of large information systems.
- Strong troubleshooting ability in order to identify, propose, or implement solutions to operational problems.
- Excel experience required.
- Salesforce, Qualtrics, and PowerBI experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
- A passion for Generation’s mission of empowering people to build thriving, sustainable careers and providing employers the highly skilled, motivated talent they need.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”