Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking an organized and engaging Admissions Counselor who will connect and provide tangible access to our programs. The Admissions Counselor will play a key role in screening applicants and enrolling learners in cycles throughout the year. The Admissions Counselor will also be integral to ensuring our systems work seamlessly to allow us to screen and select applicants in a uniform and equitable manner.
Our philosophy is that every prospective learner feels personally connected, welcomed, and confident with their prospect to attend this program. Because of this, the Admissions Counselor spends time with every prospective learner managing expectations. The Admissions Counselor reports to the US Admissions Lead.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Portfolio Management (55%)
- Maintain portfolio of regional cities and drive team conversion efforts
- Manages the admissions process across multiple and enrollment systems and operations while adhering to Generation standards
- Responsible for meeting outlined goals and objectives based on programmatic needs
- Provides knowledge & tools to mitigate each individual’s obstacles to success within the program
- Avoid legal liability issues through thorough adherence to policy, procedure, and guidelines
- Enhance Generation’s admission department and overall brand reputation by executing in accordance with standardized practices and building strong applicant relationships
- Cultivation (30%)
- Guides prospective learners through the online application, screening, eligibility, and interviews to help drive program and job retention
- Proactively identifies current & future obstacles to enrollment for prospective learners throughout the admissions process via email and phone
- Prospect Research (15%)
- Determines prospective learner’s level of program readiness and behavioral risk factors by researching, analyzing, and documenting a holistic representation via the prospective learners application data & through outreach
We are seeking someone who is committed to learning more about our prospective learners and how they will benefit from our various programs and pathways. You should keep a recruiting mindset, be knowledgeable, resourceful, and supportive with strong communication skills, while keeping a learning mindset to become an expert at all things Generation.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in front-facing relationship management or customer service roles.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, people-reading, and decision-making skills, and ability to stay organized
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to use independent judgement and decision making
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”