Generation is a nonprofit that transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. The global pandemic has led to an unprecedented surge in unemployment. Even before the pandemic, more than 75 million young adults were out of work globally, and three times as many were underemployed—and 375 million workers of all ages needed to learn new skills by 2030. At the same time, certain jobs remain in high-demand, and 40 percent of employers say a skills shortage leaves them with entry-level vacancies. To date, more than 38,000 people have graduated from Generation programs, which prepare them for meaningful careers in 14 countries. Generation works with more than 3,900 employer partners and many implementation partners and funders.
Generation USA is seeking an Enrollment Services & Events Manager who will serve as the backbone of our recruitment outreach efforts. This individual will be responsible for collaborating very closely with internal departments such as Admissions and Marketing & Communications, as well as building fruitful relationships with external community organizations. They will be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial enrollment leadership team, working toward the larger goals of admitting 750 learners to our programs in 2020 and 6,000+ learners in 2021.
This is a full-time and fully remote position.
- Spearheads Generation’s recruitment outreach strategy and community organization relationship building
- Collaborates with staff for program logistics relating to enrollment events, such as working closely with Alumni Team and Marketing & Communications, and liaising with Admissions Lead, Partnerships to stay up-to-date on community relationships
- Provides guidance to coordinate focus groups to gather information such as applicant feedback, works with global Learner Engagement Team for persona development
- Creates strategy to plan applicant events such as info sessions, virtual open houses, given current virtual climate
- Evaluates each event and prepares comparative reports and analyses, making recommendations for future enrollment improvements
- Coordinate project management and logistics of external facing enrollment services by cross-collaborating with internal departments and external partners
- Collaborates with other staff to target appropriate populations to maximize participation and enrollment growth, while driving strategy to increase applicant access and diversity
- Supervises Enrollment Events Coordinator who plans and executes on all events
You are experienced in recruiting large numbers of applicants to programs and thinking outside the box when the situation requires it. You are excited to spread Generation’s mission and connect with others in the community to spread awareness. You are a self-starter, can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment, and can pivot quickly when strategies require adjustment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team identify and secure community partnerships so that each city will have a robust pipeline of applicants.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of two years of event planning experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication proficiency and strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated project management experience & ability to successfully manage multiple projects of varying priority in a fast-paced, multi-task environment and to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated evidence of successful comprehensive event planning
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate and informative reports and data-driven
- recommendations for program and enrollment improvements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated successful management of staff
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”