Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 9 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Pakistan and UK – and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA is currently live in 11 cities, and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
The Generation Alumni Experience Team is a first-stop for career support and advancement. Generation alumni are proof that our work is impactful and relevant. Our alumni services are critical to career advancement and retention for alumni, as well as, the growth of our program. Generation wants to ensure that as we scale, alumni have seamless access to career support. The Alumni Career Advisor will develop the career advising and employer relations function of alumni services.
Career Education and Advising (50%)
- Host career fairs and employer panels.
- Provide apprenticeship and internship support
- Provide 1:1 career advising to recent alumni (those within 360 days of graduation).
- Maintain an on-line advising appointment calendar - ensure accuracy
- Conduct career orientations, job search workshops, self-assessment workshops, and career change workshops.
- Manage and facilitate career education through 1:1s and group learning pathways
- Coach alumni through strengths-based and/or DOT framework coaching
- Manage Job Tools support + Alumni Industry Groups
- Connect alumni with employers seeking full-time, part-time, and internship candidates.
Partnership Development + Stewardship (30%)
- Manage and steward employer relations with recruiters and employers
- Execute career and employer relations administrative tasks and services
- Develop and manage relationships with industry professional organizations.
- Develop partnerships and design pipelines into industry professional organizations to connect alumni to a broader network of resources and opportunities.
Data Collection (15%)
- Collect and input data on students, alumni, and partners.
- Collect job placement data of alumni career trajectory.
- Analyze data metrics to improve performance, track percent to goal, etc.
- Provide input on data points for collection and data collection tools to inform team strategy
- Set professional and personal goals to develop as an Alumni Career Coach
- Provide up-to-date information on job market trends and salary statistics
- Ongoing all-hands support for team-wide projects.
- 2+ Touchpoints with recent alumni post-graduation
- 50% engagement rate for recent alumni advising
- 30% increase in employer relations satisfaction
- 30% increase in employer partners
You are passionate about recruiting and career coaching. You have an infectious energy when communicating with people. You are able to organize people and processes to tangible outcomes. You are self-motivated, curious about your work and entrepreneurial in your efforts. You understand the value of the Generation alumni community, and see the life-long impact career opportunities provide to our alumni and their families. You are versatile in relationship building strategies, able to provide executive presence to employers, and relatability to alumni.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years experience working in IT recruiting or career coaching.
- Employer relations experience preferred.
- Career coaching or HR experience in IT field, preferred.
- Strong process development and implementation skills.
- A passion for Generation’s mission of empowering young people to build thriving, sustainable careers and providing employers the highly skilled, motivated talent they need.
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent phone and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collect, input, track, and analyze data using excel.
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Tech savvy and familiarity/or willingness to learn tools such as Google Drive, Slack,
- Excel, Outlook
- Proactive in addressing challenges and finding ways to continue improving the current outreach system
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a startup
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”