Generation is a global youth employment program that helps provide young adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Generation is the first program of the McKinsey Social Initiative, a nonprofit founded by McKinsey & Company. We currently operate in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MA; Birmingham, AL; Charlotte, NC; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Miami, FL; San Juan, PR; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE.
In February 2020, Generation, in partnership with Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT), will launch an Information Technology Program, training unemployed young adults in Digital Marketing. The program offers participants integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, social services and mentorship, and a supportive community. Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Workforce Development, the Instructor will be responsible for the credential achievement and work readiness goals associated with a sector-focused advanced training in Digital Marketing.
We are seeking a talented Digital Marketing Instructor to teach the curriculum designed by the Generation team and to start as soon as possible. Please note that OBT is the employer for this role, and Generation remains the partner.
- Deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment essential lessons.
- Understand individual participant learning needs (and provide individualized education plans, when applicable) to accommodate various types of learning styles.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly assessments and daily exit tickets.
- Support Generation and OBT’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in data tool) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Utilize Generation and OBT’s technology platforms (e.g., data tool, GenApp, recruiting tool).
- Mastery of the content and ability to teach the content to a young adult population with little previous Digital Marketing experience.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Work with OBT and Generation staff to identify and address any issues that could prevent participants from completing the program.
- Work with the team to build relationships with community partners and participate in community events.
- Support the recruitment team by participating in occasional recruitment events.
- Plan and lead occasional alumni and community job training workshops.
- 85% program graduation rate across programs
- 100% of graduates pass a Digital Marketing certification
- 85% of graduates employed within 90 days of graduation
- 90% job retention at 90 days after employment
You are an education expert (e.g. teachers, instructors, trainers) with Digital Marketing experience, or a Digital Marketing expert with experience instructing/teaching. You have an exceptional ability to tailor content to different learners. You enjoy delivering sessions with energy and enthusiasm to generate excitement about learning new technical and behavioral skills. You build strong relationships with young adults and have a proven record to ensure participants successfully complete the program.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Social Media or similar degree program (Or) similar educational attainment and work history.
- Competency in Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- At least 2 years experience working in the digital marketing and branding industry.
- At least 2 years experience in formal classroom instruction or training for adults.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, or training disadvantaged young adults (18-29 years old)
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed and/or at-risk youth
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g., Generation App, changes to data tool)
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants and program team
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to teach full-time
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary with full benefits
- Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development, coaching, staff retreat)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer