Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 12 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Pakistan, Singapore, Brazil and the UK – and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA is currently live in 13 cities, and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
Generation launched ReGeneration. This program reaches, serves, trains and helps place workers 40 years of age and older using our methodology and the best practices of our partner organizations. The program partners with AARP Foundation and Jefferson State Community College, supported by the Workforce Boards and State Workforce Agencies in Duval County, FL and Jefferson County, AL, to re-skill and place 400 dislocated workers in Birmingham, Alabama and Jacksonville, Florida in sustainable jobs in healthcare and information technology, respectively. All of Generation’s programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 3 – 12 weeks. The programs offer participants integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Partnerships with employers, philanthropies, and nonprofits enable this expansion, which we aim to continue in 2020 and beyond. By identifying and developing relationships with new partners, Generation is able to deploy its proven methodology in new communities and impact more people around the country.
Reporting to the US ReGeneration Partnership Manager, the Birmingham Employer Relationship Manager will drive results in three areas: (1) identification and cultivation of new employer partners in Birmingham, (2) identification and cultivation of funders, and (3) assist 200 ReGeneration learners gain employment with a livable wage in the healthcare field in Birmingham. This is an external facing role and the Employer Relationship Manager will serve as the face of ReGeneration to employers in Birmingham.
Identification and Cultivation of Employer Partners Leading to Participant Employment
- Identify and cultivate potential partners in the healthcare field in the region
- Collaborate closely with the ReGeneration team already in Birmingham
- Respond to inbound lead generation from Generation website, existing partners, and leadership contacts
- Lead outreach to new potential partners on behalf of ReGeneration
- Update, modify, or develop standard business development materials (e.g., pitch deck, online web portal) based on partner needs
- Engage potential partners in early conversations and ensure follow-up to continue cultivation
- Log activity with respect to partnership development in SalesForce for tracking purposes and communicate updates regularly with broader Business Development team
- Visit potential employer partners on-site with curriculum team to perform assessment of talent profile and training needs
- Create partnership proposals, including cost model and fee structure (for employers), negotiate partnership proposals based on partner feedback, and ensure execution of partnership Memoranda of Understanding, Statements of Work, or any other requirements to confirm partner prior to launching new program
- Ensure seamless hand-off to ReGeneration Program Teams and provide regular, ongoing support as needed for graduate placement at employers in order to help place 200 ReGeneration learners
Cultivation of Funders
- Identify, cultivate, and own relationship development with local funders in Birmingham
- Escalate concerns expressed by partners as needed
- Design proposals for funding expansion and/or deepening opportunities
- Negotiate proposals based on funder feedback
- Ensure appropriate communication with program team on the ground, Development team, and national leadership
You have outstanding interpersonal skills and are energized to drive partnerships to fruition. You have an exceptional ability to tailor your communication to different audiences. You enjoy meeting new people and creatively problem-solving how what you have to offer can fit their needs. You take full ownership of your areas of responsibility and prioritize your time effectively. Most importantly, you are excited to join a mission-driven organization and support its rapid growth.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience related to business or partnership development, including leading high-profile conversations and writing/delivering proposals
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to collect and analyze pipeline data to drive decision-making
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”