Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 9 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Pakistan and UK – and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA is currently live in 11 cities and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
In October 2019, Generation Charlotte is launching a program in partnership with Atriumto help recruit for and train youth aged 18-29 for Administrative Medical Assistant positions. These programs are expected to train 3 cohorts of 20-25 students each over 12 months at the Generation offices at Urban League Central Carolinas. After a successful pilot, we hope to scale our program in Charlotte.
We are seeking a talented Instructor to teach the Generation Administrative Medical Assistant (AMA) curriculum designed by the Generation team, which includes preparation for NHA certification. The instructor will report to the Generation Program Coordinator for Charlotte on site.
This is a part-time (i.e 25 hours per week) role.
- Deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment essential lessons
- Understand individual participant learning needs (and provide individualized education plans, when applicable) to accommodate various types of learning styles
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly assessments
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in data tool) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments
- Utilize Generation’s technology platforms (e.g., data tool, GenApp, recruiting tool)
- Recruiting program participants using appropriate promotional and marketing methods, such as presentations to employer partners and community-based organizations, referrals from Generation alumni, individual student outreach, etc.
- Plan and coordinate weekly recruitment events (information sessions, community and employer registration events, flyering and tabling events, etc.)
- Maintaining student referrals process and tracking distribution of referral bonuses
- Managing the selection of students in accordance with the recruitment guidelines including conducting interviews, background checks, work eligibility, and student risk assessments
- Maintaining student information and records throughout recruitment and enrollment process ensuring all student information is up to date in the Generation Recruitment Tool and communicating student info to cohort mentor at the completion of enrollment
- Developing an online system for the screening and enrolling fully digital cohorts
- Maintaining systems for communication with students throughout the application and enrollment process
- Maintaining regular contact with referral partners providing frequent updates on program status, enrollment opportunities and student outcomes
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment
- Work with program mentor and Generation staff to identify and address any issues that could prevent participants from completing the program
- Provide post-graduation support to all AMA Generation participants and alumni by:
- Contacting alumni in need of employment
- Arranging interviews for graduates
- Following up on progress toward employment
- Maintaining contact with employer partners for placement
- Work with the team to build relationships with community partners and participate in community events.
- Support recruitment efforts by participating in occasional recruitment events.
- Plan and lead occasional alumni and community job training workshops.
- 80% program graduation rate across programs
- 85% of graduates employed within 30 days of graduation
- 90% job retention at 90 days after employment
- 100-150 participants trained and placed at employer partners in the next 1-2 years
You have expertise in education (e.g. teaching, instructing, training) and the work of an administrative medical assistant. You have worked as or with administrative medical assistants in a direct or related way. You have an exceptional ability to tailor content to different learners. You enjoy delivering sessions with energy and enthusiasm to generate excitement about learning new technical and behavioral skills. You build strong relationships with young adults and have a proven record to ensure participants successfully complete the program.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Credential in CMAA and/or CEHRS
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed and/or at-risk youth
- Experience teaching, coaching and/or working closely with adults and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants and program team
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a startup
- Experience working in the administrative medical assistant sector preferred.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”