Generation Atlanta Workforce Readiness Instructor | Hospitality
Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 9 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Pakistan and UK – and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA is currently live in 11 cities and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
In August 2017, Generation launched its first program with a focus solely on hospitality. The program offers participants integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, social services and mentor-ship, and a supportive community, as well as job placement support when they graduate.
We are seeking a talented Instructor to teach the curriculum designed by the Generation team. The instructor will report to the Generation Atlanta Program Coordinator.
This is a part-time role (i.e working no more than 30 hours per week) with 12 months of guaranteed funding.
- Deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment essential lessons
- Understand individual participant learning needs (and provide individualized education plans, when applicable) to accommodate various types of learning styles
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly assessments
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in data tool) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments
- Utilize Generation’s technology platforms (e.g., data tool, GenApp, recruiting tool)
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment
- Work with program mentor and Generation staff to identify and address any issues that could prevent participants from completing the program
- Support Program Coordinator with recruitment efforts as needed such as interviewing candidates, participating in information sessions, and screening interested candidates
- 80% program graduation rate across programs
- 85% of graduates employed within 30 days of graduation
- 90% job retention at 90 days after employment
You are an education expert (e.g. teachers, instructors, trainers) with hospitality experience or hospitality expert with experience instructing/teaching. You have an exceptional ability to tailor content to different learners. You enjoy delivering sessions with energy and enthusiasm to generate excitement about learning new technical and behavioral skills. You build strong relationships with young adults and have a proven record to ensure participants successfully complete the program.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed and/or at-risk youth
- Experience teaching, coaching and/or working closely with adults and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants and program team
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”