Shape the future of thousands of young people each year!
We're looking for an enthusiastic, English-speaking agile product owner to join Generation's global digital team in Mexico City: work on the latest technology, while changing the lives of 20,000 students around the world! We serve users in 12 countries today, on 5 continents, and we will be in many more countries soon. We're busy solving interesting problems related to global distribution and internationalization, while creating our next-generation platform so that Generation can reach 100,000 students per year. Join us, and learn fast!
As we grow to achieve our mission, we’re looking for a passionate, hands-on Product Owner Lead who will own the development of 1 or more of our applications, while also leading the Product function and other Product Owners. You would support the definition of features for our digital products, and make sure that our work is aligned with the vision and goals of our program teams who deliver our services. You will be the face of your products within Generation, talking to the teams around the world who use them.
As Product Owner Lead, you will:
- Join a cross-functional development team and contribute hands-on to shape the vision and success criteria of our products
- Define initial prototypes and verify these design with customers and the engineering team
- Help develop the long-term product roadmap
- Work with the Engineering and Design Leads to shape the future direction and strategy for digital within Generation
- Work closely with our Operations team on rollout plans, including testing and training
- Manage specifications and write Agile-style user-stories, maintaining the development backlog
- Evaluate commercial products that could replace or augment our custom products
- Identify and select vendors for core components when required
- Organize the Product team, allocate work between different Owners
- Participate in leading and organizing the overall Digital team of 22
We value Product Owners who have:
- A positive, friendly and collaborative attitude!
- Technology background: Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development lifecycles
- Track record of working as a product owner or scrum master within an agile team that successfully delivered scalable products (4+ years of experience)
- Excellence in effectively communicating and collaborating with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams, as well as with stakeholders and partners
- Experience shipping several large scale projects with multiple dependencies
- Passion for team growth and development
- Experience actively coaching, mentoring, and developing team members and a champion of shaping our open, mission-driven culture
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to set a vision and motivate your team towards key milestones
- Experience in co-managing the day-to-day operations of a start-up or businesses units
- Experience with identifying new ventures in digital and business development
- Location in El Juarez, central Mexico City
- Cool office at WeWork, with ping-pong, free beer, etc.
- Flexible work schedule and annual vacations
- Work in an international environment with teams from 10+ countries
- Choose your own device (We're mostly on Mac)
- Focus on learning and growth
- Competitive salary, benefits, etc.
Please contact us to talk with our CTO and other leaders about your opportunities here!