You will be part of Generation, the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 9 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, and Hong Kong – and is actively launching additional sites.
We are seeking an IT Technical Content Expert to support us as we revise curriculum for our existing IT program. The consultant will be responsible for developing technical content that aligns with changes to the updated CompTIA 1001 and 1002 exams.
The work will be project-based, and ideally, the expert will work 5-10 hours a week for the duration of the design process (~3-5 weeks) beginning in February 2019. Work will be remote with collaborative meetings held via video conference as needed. A stipend will deliverables based across the length of the project and compensation will be commensurate with candidate’s experience.
- Provide the technical content needed to improve existing sessions.
- Provide the technical content needed for new sessions in alignment to updated exam requirements.
- Provide feedback on new content and sessions
- Advise on scaffolding and sequencing of new content with existing content.
- Throughout the process, work closely with Generation, curriculum designers, employer partners, and other partners as needed by providing feedback and iterating on deliverables accordingly.
The expert will provide content to Generation’s Curriculum and Instruction team, empowering them to write new and revised sessions aligned to the updated exam requirements. To that end, the expert must be able to provide robust, detailed content so that the resulting curriculum will…
- Increase coverage of virtualization and cloud computing
- Provide equal coverage of all operating systems (not showing preference to Windows)
- Summarize general OS installation considerations and upgrade methods
- Summarize application installation and configuration concepts
- Identify the basics of scripting
- Describe basic change management best practices when given a scenario.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in required content
- Comfort with using technology to collaborate (e.g., Google drive/docs, Zoom video conference, etc.)
- Proactive collaborator, willing to propose solutions and ideas to challenges based on expertise, debate their merits, and make final recommendations for session design
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation, employers and other partners
- Detail oriented (able to produce designer-ready documents)
- Consistent, reliable access to the Internet is required
- Experience teaching related content for students from low-income communities
- Experience teaching related content young adults between the ages of 18 and 29 years old
- Experience designing classroom-based curriculum materials
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”