You will be part of Generation, the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 9 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, and Hong Kong – and is actively launching additional sites.
Generation instructors are essential to the success of our programs. Given the immense potential, they have to directly influence participant success during and beyond the program. Generation wants to ensure that all new and experienced instructors have the support they need to be successful in their role. Instructional Coaches support the onboarding and ongoing professional development of Generation Instructors, working to improve instruction in every Generation classroom and ultimately, maximize participant learning. In working toward this goal, we are seeking an Instructional Coach to play an important role in planning, managing, and delivering onboarding and professional development to Generation Instructor across the United States.
The US Instructional Coach is a full-time position and will report directly to the US Training and Instructional Support Lead.
Delivery of Trainer Onboarding (10%)
- Facilitate online and/or in-person onboarding and training for Generation Instructors, engaging them in an adult-appropriate, participatory way.
Trainer Professional Development (50%)
- Support Instructors in setting professional development goals.
- Plan and conduct Instructors observations using relevant tools (e.g., instructional delivery checklist and instructional effectiveness rubric).
- Deliver personalized coaching to Generation Instructors.
- Provide ongoing, differentiated support to trainers to help them achieve goals, including check-in meetings, refresher trainings, peer learning, etc.
- Supporting instructors to resolve instructional issues and challenges that impact participant learning and achievement.
Trainer Data Management (25%)
- Ensure the timely documentation and input of data into the Generation dashboard.
- Analyze observation data to determine individual Instructors’ areas of strength and areas for growth.
Stakeholder Engagement (10%)
- Create culture and community among Instructors, motivating them and their participants to reach their full potential and invest in Generation’s mission.
- Communicate important updates and information about trainer development to Instructor Lead and other relevant stakeholders.
- Set professional and personal goals to develop as an Instructional Coach.
- Substitute for Instructors in case of absence/attrition.
You have outstanding interpersonal skills and are energized to coach our trainers to achieve professional and personal success. You have a collaborative and positive spirit to work closely with Instructors and participants from diverse backgrounds. You are proactive in evaluating regular interactions with trainers and giving consistent, data-driven support to ensure their success. Most importantly, you have a proven ability to tailor your communication in an honest, open, transparent and supportive way.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience teaching, coaching and/or working closely with adults and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Able to adapt communication to effectively support trainer development and engage diverse stakeholders (e.g., trainers, program coordinators, etc..)
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions
- Embraces a continuous cycle of learning and self-improvement.
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from trainers and program team
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a startup
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”