You will be part of Generation, the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 6 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, and Hong Kong – and is actively launching additional sites.
Generation is now launching ReGeneration. This program will reach, serve, train and place workers 40 years of age and older using our methodology and the best practices of our partner organizations. The program partners with AARP Foundation and Jefferson State Community College, supported by the Workforce Boards and State Workforce Agencies in Duval County, FL and Jefferson County, AL, to reskill and place 400 mature, dislocated workers in Birmingham, Alabama and Jacksonville, Florida in sustainable jobs in healthcare and information technology, respectively. All of Generation’s programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 3 – 12 weeks. The programs offer participants integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
The Program Recruitment Manager will report directly to the ReGeneration Program Coordinator in Jacksonville. The Program Recruitment Manager will be the primary point of contact for student recruitment, employer and community referrals, and the participant screening and enrollment into the ReGeneration Jacksonville IT program. The Program Recruitment Manager’s primary function is to support the ReGeneration staff to ensure the ReGeneration Jacksonville program meets Generation USA target recruitment metrics.
- Support ReGeneration staff by:
- Collaborating with the US Communications Manager in recruiting program participants using appropriate promotional and marketing methods (e.g. promotional materials, social media advertisements, etc.). including outreach plans targeted at specific student populations, employer partners, community-based organizations, and education institutions.
- Coordinating ReGeneration mentors and other staff to assist with recruitment process
- Facilitating weekly check-ins with staff to measure progress toward recruitment goals
- Maintaining and improving ReGeneration Recruiting tool by working with Generation Digital team to make adjustments for digital recruitment and new employer partnerships.
- Assist the Birmingham ReGeneration staff by sharing best practices and identifying areas for improvement in the recruitment process.
- Ensure high-quality and on-time execution of recruitment for cohorts by:
- Recruiting program participants using appropriate promotional and marketing methods, such as presentations to employer partners and community-based organizations, referrals from Generation alumni, individual student outreach, etc.
- Plan and coordinate weekly recruitment events (information sessions, community and employer registration events, flyering and tabling events, etc.)
- Maintaining student referrals process and tracking distribution of referral bonuses
- Managing the selection of ReGeneration students in accordance with the recruitment guidelines including conducting interviews, background checks, work eligibility, and student risk assessments
- Maintaining student information and records throughout recruitment and enrollment process ensuring all student information is up to date in the Generation Recruitment Tool and communicating student info to cohort mentor at the completion of enrollment
- Developing an online system for the screening and enrolling fully digital cohorts
- Maintaining systems for communication with students throughout the application and enrollment process
- Maintaining regular contact with referral partners providing frequent updates on program status, enrollment opportunities and student outcomes
- Plan for long-term success of ReGeneration programs by:
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners throughout Jacksonville, including, but not limited to, employers and community partners.
- Act as liaison to Generation US national team, contributing insights and experiences as we continue improving the Generation recruitment model nationally and codify best practices
- Track recruitment data, analyze results to identify best practices and communicate results to ReGeneration team.
You have strong leadership skills and are energized at the thought of creating something new, building relationships with prospective students, and making a lasting impact on your community. You have a knack for ‘getting things done’ and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get your hands dirty. You’ve considered working at a startup and welcome roles with high levels of ownership.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from students and program team
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a startup
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g., ReGeneration Recruiting, changes to data tool)
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
- A passion for working with adults (ages 40+), and an interest in leading a community-based coalition across multiple local organizations
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”