We are looking for a person that can juggle – and juggle well – managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standards of service. A self-directed individual who is excited by the opportunity to work across the financial organization and deliver value to our business partners through enhanced technological capabilities, including accelerating or removing manual processes and improving data quality. This person is passionate about sustainable infrastructure, looking to apply their experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies and initiatives.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Product Manager, Financial Systems
- Work with the accounting team located in Phoenix to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation through application of new software solutions or modifications and extensions to existing tools.
- Work with the larger finance team located in San Francisco to ensure that new solutions integrate correctly into existing reporting processes.
- Define, in concert with stakeholders, and deliver ERP software roadmap.
- Investigate new features and functionality provided by the ERP that are not currently in use and identify how these features could be utilized by stakeholders.
- Work with business analysts, developers, and other members of the technology team to deliver high value enhancements in accounting modules like Accounts Payable (AP), Purchase Orders (PO), Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables (AR), cash application, general ledger, consolidation, and close.
- Translate strategy and identified opportunities into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Drive launches of new features and ensure adoption of new functionality and systems.
- Drive adherence to execution of goals within an agile development and delivery methodology
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 4+ years relevant product or project management experience
- Experience with Agile workflow and SDLC
- Knowledge of Enterprise ERP software
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting processes and controls
- Previous experience delivering customized code solutions within third party ERP’s
- A demonstrated ability to work across multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Works autonomously and exceeds expectations despite minimal guidance
- Ability to synthesize and deliver on complex technical requirements
- Resourceful and creative in approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.