The Security Analyst/Engineer will be responsible for establishing and promoting security best practices across multiple business units. They will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management/operation of our security tools and stack. Working as part of the IT team, they will also respond to security events, investigate, escalate, and remediate security incidents with relevant stakeholders.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Security Analyst/Engineer:
- Implement security controls to mitigate risks
- Investigate security incidents and breaches
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security
- Oversee and manage the deployment, integration and configuration of security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions and the enterprise’s security documents
- Responsible for responding to security questionnaires from investors
- Conduct security assessments and penetration testing
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends
- Train employees on security best practices
- Work with other departments to ensure that the company's security posture is strong
- Design and implement security solutions for the company's network, applications, and data
- Respond to security incidents
- Monitor the network and applications for potential security threats
- Recommend actions/practices to management in order to ensure compliance with security and regulatory requirements in decision-making processes
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT security
- Strong knowledge of security principles and best practices
- Experience with network security, application security, and cloud security
- Experience deploying and administering SIEM solutions, endpoint detection engineering and incident response
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with security automation and orchestration tools
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $130,000 - $170,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.