We are looking for someone organised and detail-oriented, who is experienced in transforming the chaotic into the controlled, understands the value of building strong processes and will enthusiastically hit the ground running to assist in creating and then managing a seamless, efficient, and highly organised group finance function. This person is passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply their experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies and initiatives. This person can juggle – and juggle well – managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standards of service.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Finance Manager, UK:
- Implement and execute a robust annual reporting process, supported by the third-party administrators, for Generate’s UK (and future European) structure, which will include reviewing the monthly accounts, consolidation workings and advising on local GAAP to US GAAP differences
- Manage accounts payable, including contract and invoice verification, recharging project-related costs to subsidiaries, and migrating approval process to an automated third-party platform
- Reviewing VAT and CIT calculations and filings, collaborating with external tax advisors to minimize tax liabilities, and calculating ad hoc tax obligations
- Track and manage equity issuance and shareholder loans within the European structure
- Provide support on ad hoc HR-related benefits and payroll topics
- Monitor SG&A spend of the UK EmployeeCo and flag deviations from budget
- Collate portfolio performance information into the monthly management reports
- Reviewing financial and tax due diligence and assisting with any action items, pre- and post-acquisition
- Advise on acquisition integrations and assist in developing a finance-integration checklist
- Updating Treasury on funding expectations
- Assisting with the onboarding of third party service providers on new acquisitions and in new jurisdictions
- Oversee jurisdictional compliance requirements, including overseeing company secretaries and ensuring jurisdictional compliance (Companies Registry)
- Gain experience in portfolio FP&A and an understanding of our reporting platforms in order to assist the Investment Team and the FP&A team in building a robust forecasting environment
- Contribute to the development of reporting tools and dashboards to support decision-making processes.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 2-3 years post-qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience in finance, accounting, tax, compliance, and business-advisory functions (experience with US GAAP, a plus)
- Successful academic track-record (1st class degree, a plus)
- Proficiency in using Accounting ERP software and other reporting tools (Microsoft Business Central, a plus).
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing and editing.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.