ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an Analyst to support several assets within our various Waste Management asset classes, including anerobic digesters, compost, wastewater treatment, and renewable natural gas. The role is cross functional, the mission of this role is to provide financial modeling, process improvement, organization, financial reporting for budget management, compliance management, and cost controls.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Financial Analyst, Upcycle
- Working closely with Accounting and FP&A to ensure the accuracy of asset financials, assist in responding to audit requests, and produce monthly variance analysis
- Assist with onboarding new assets and acquisitions to the portfolio, including capital funding, documentation, and ensuring that other internal stakeholders receive necessary information and deliverables
- Manage financial models to include monthly results and assist in due diligence and formulation of operating assumptions for regular asset forecasting
- Interact with key stakeholders and cross functional teams that relevant to the portfolio, including but not limited to general managers at the operating facilities, investment team, finance, accounting, incentive program managers, and manage disputes and other issues as needed
- Drive organization and optimization of software platforms to contribute to building an operating business
- Strive to understand the operations of each facility and identify opportunities for performance improvements, actively keeping abreast of current market trends, technological developments, and strategies employed by other owners.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 1-3+ years of experience in an asset management or finance support role, with at least two years of that experience focused on some financial modeling.
- Experience in an operating company or waste management experience is preferable
- A working knowledge of basic accounting and financial reporting terminology and concepts
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Knowledgeable and dependable presence with experience working with management
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good” and drive to get the best possible outcome in an efficient timetable
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.