Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a standout communicator who is impeccably organized, comfortable with high stakes process management, and thrives in a high-speed environment. This person will work closely with our CEO and Executive Team to drive their impact through executing efficiently on leadership priorities, driving cross-functional collaboration, distilling and sharing appropriate information and managing internal communication processes across our business. Additionally, this person will lead and manage internal communications on people and culture matters in conjunction with our CPO.
The successful candidate joins us from a leading consulting firm or a current position as Chief of Staff, is an experienced project manager who is passionate about stakeholder alignment and the type of work we are doing at Generate and looking to apply their experience in scaling a growing, sustainable business. Experience with infrastructure investing, strategy, internal communications, and/or Registered Investment Advisors strongly preferred.
After a period of approximately two years, the Chief of Staff can transition into another role within Generate.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Chief of Staff
Supporting the CEO
- Support CEO with agenda-setting and preparation of Generate’s Board of Director meetings.
- Transpose voice of the CEO to internal communications (in All Hands, internal emails, newsletters)
- Maintain strategy and governance materials in partnership with CEO
Driving Generate management systems and information flows
- Collaborate closely with Executive Team members to prepare and prioritize topics for collective decision-making
- Facilitate Executive Team meetings and drive follow up process.
- Partner with COO on tracking of key cross functional priorities and Executive Team performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Executive Team members on appropriate messaging and timing of critical updates to CEO, peers and broader organization.
- Collect, synthesize and share critical biweekly updates from across the business for CEO and Executive Team to stay informed and operate effectively
- Support COO with integration of acquired companies
Leading internal communications
- Manage our internal contribution platform(s) and serve as Editor-in-Chief of internal communications. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly internal newsletters to maintain “One Generate” across 4 offices and inform Generators of key events, organization milestones, announcements and other important information
- Collaborate with CEO and other senior leaders to determine appropriate messaging and form across internal communications channels. Manage internal and executive communications to execute against our people engagement strategy
- Partner directly with Generate’s senior leadership team to map out the organization’s internal communications pathways and processes. Collaborate with SLT to develop their communication priorities, internal speaking engagements, and change management initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to understand the unique needs of investing, asset operations, and business teams (goals, products, tools, process) in order to produce effective and relevant communication strategies (both internally and reflected in external communications)
- Collaborate closely with People and Culture Team to best scale communications initiatives, programs and projects to engage our people as we continue to grow the business, increase a sense of belonging and ensure high performance.
- Provide proactive and reactive messaging that supports key initiatives and program rollouts.
- Coach leaders on the right forum, timing and content for engaging teams; coordinating with cross-functional teams to implement consistent messaging across the organization
- Actively identify gaps in internal communications and develop engaging ways to address those gaps
- Implement data measurement and analysis strategies to guide communications best practices.
- Provide support on various external communications deliverables including award applications, press releases and thought leadership
 Consisting of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief People Officer, Global Chief Investment Officer and Chief Investment Officer of Infrastructure