ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital, PBC (“Generate”) is a leading sustainable infrastructure company driving the infrastructure revolution. Generate builds, owns, operates and finances solutions for clean energy, transportation, water, waste and digital infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate partners with over 40 technology and project developers and owns and operates more than 2,000 assets globally. Generate is the one-stop shop offering pioneers of the infrastructure revolution tailored funding and support needed to build projects. Our Infrastructure-as-a-Service model delivers affordable, reliable and sustainable resources to thousands of customers, companies, communities, school districts and universities.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
Generate seeks organized and detail-oriented collaborators who are ready to roll up their sleeves. The Associates will hold a high standard of accuracy and timeliness while delivering financial models, maintaining information systems and reporting on Generate’s portfolio of investments. The Associates will communicate thoughtfully and deliberately inside and outside the organization, working cross-functionally with Generate investment, finance, legal and other teammates and various third parties. The Associates will adeptly use financial and enterprise software to proactively seek answers to Generate and its stakeholders’ questions. This role is a great fit for those who seek to impact the performance of Generate’s portfolio through an analytical and highly dynamic role.
What you will do at Generate Capital as a Portfolio Operations Associate:
- Adapt, audit, and maintain financial forecasts including Excel models for infrastructure assets, preferred equity instruments, and debt instruments
- Monitor contractual obligations made by Generate to its partners (and vice-versa) and accurately maintain reports of the same
- Diligence funding requests and work with Treasury to manage wire processes
- Measure and report to management progress against Generate’s key performance indicators
- Support the execution and ongoing maintenance of external debt and tax equity facilities
- Develop relationships with existing partners and counterparties to ensure reporting packages and financial/operational information is received and acted upon accordingly
- Work with Generate’s Data & Technology team to contribute to the development of information systems related to the above
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Adept at working independently in a high-growth and/or fast-paced environment with a dynamic set of responsibilities
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, including but not limited to structured investments, financial planning & analysis, accounting, audit or finance
- Ability to audit, evaluate, adapt and, with assistance, build cash and GAAP financial models for infrastructure assets, preferred equity instruments, and debt instruments
- Strong proficiency in data analysis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience communicating thoughtfully to identify constructive solutions and to support the execution of cross-functional projects
- Familiarity or eager willingness to learn about database tools such as SQL
- Unimpeachable integrity and strong references
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”