Generate is seeking an organized and detail-oriented collaborator who is ready to roll up their sleeves as our Asset Management Associate. This person is an early career performer with experience as an energy analyst, portfolio analyst, or energy asset management analyst, with excellent analytical prowess. This position will hold a high standard of accuracy and timeliness while delivering financial models, maintaining information systems and reporting on Generate’s solar portfolio. The Associate will communicate thoughtfully and deliberately inside and outside the organization, working cross-functionally with Generate investment, finance, legal and other teams, and various third parties. They will adeptly use financial and enterprise software to proactively seek answers to Generate and its stakeholders’ questions. This role is a great fit for those who seek to impact the performance of Generate’s portfolio through an analytical and highly dynamic role.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Asset Management Associate:
- Adapt, audit, and maintain financial forecasts including Excel models for infrastructure assets, preferred equity instruments, and debt instruments
- Work closely with Accounting and FP&A to ensure the accuracy of asset financials, assist in responding to audit requests, and produce monthly variance analysis
- Monitor contractual obligations made by Generate to its partners (and vice-versa) and ensure reporting packages and financial/ operational information is received and acted upon accordingly
- Assist with onboarding new assets to your portfolio, including tranching, documentation, and ensuring that other internal stakeholders receive necessary information and deliverables
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners relevant to your portfolios, including but not limited to incentive program managers, customer managers, vendors, and financing counterparties, and support dispute management and other issues as
- As needed, support requests for proposals (“RFPs”) or otherwise source appropriate vendors to serve the portfolio’s requirements, focusing on building relationships with best-in-class providers and creating market -leading strategies and structures
- Assist in due diligence and formulation of operating assumptions for possible new additions to Generate Capital’s portfolio
- Measure and report to management progress against Generate’s key performance indicators
- Work with Generate’s Data & Technology team to contribute to the development of information systems related to the above
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Adept at working independently in a high-growth and/or demanding environment with a dynamic set of responsibilities
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience including, but not limited to, structured investments, financial planning & analysis, accounting, audit or finance
- Working knowledge of common revenue streams and incentive programs for renewable asset classes, such as solar renewable energy credits (“SRECs”), self-generation incentive program (“SGIP”),various capacity market products, demand reduction. Some prior exposure to utility tariffs and merchant power markets required
- Strong proficiency in data analysis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience communicating thoughtfully to identify constructive solutions and to support the execution of cross-functional projects
- Familiarity or eager willingness to learn about database tools such as Python
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Location and Travel Requirements
- Position will be based in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY [Manhattan}
- Travel required 10% of the time comprising regular site visits to Generate owned facilities and due diligence of new opportunities
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $109,900-$135,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.