General Catalyst is a venture capital firm that invests in powerful, positive change that endures—for our entrepreneurs, our investors, our people, and society. We support founders with a long-term view who challenge the status quo, partnering with them from seed to growth stage and beyond to build companies that withstand the test of time. With offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York City, and Boston, the firm has helped support the growth of businesses such as: Airbnb, Deliveroo, Guild, Gusto, Hubspot, Illumio, Livongo, Oscar, Samsara, Snap, Stripe, and Warby Parker. For more: www.generalcatalyst.com.
We are seeking an investment analyst to support General Catalyst’s Rough Draft Ventures (RDV) program and our early-stage investment practice. RDV is our student-led investment fund with 250+ companies funded and over $1B in follow-on capital raised. You’ll be an integral part of designing and launching the next phase of RDV.
What you’ll do:
- Help design, build, and improve the next phase of RDV
- Evaluate potential RDV investments and provide feedback for RDV fellows
- Track RDV investments for subsequent rounds
- Manage the process of recruiting, onboarding, and engaging RDV fellows
- Support the RDV fellows community by designing and implementing ways to increase networking and community-building among the fellows
- Identify and organize content to increase learning for the RDV fellows
- Help connect RDV fellows to mentors at GC and ensure fellows and mentors have a productive relationship
- Connect fellows to other relevant companies/contacts in our portfolio
What we’ll expect from you:
- Understanding of and empathy for RDV student fellows through prior participation in a student-led investment fund (such as RDV, Dorm room fund, etc.)
- Passion for supporting diverse student-founders and entrepreneurs, and deep respect for the founder journey
- Strong, proven project management skills, organized, detail-oriented, and self-starter
- Excellent judgment with perspective on investment ideas and how the RDV program should be run
- A unique vantage point through your lived experiences and background with the potential to build ideas and networks that diversifies our thinking and helps us reach more founders
- One to three years of relevant work experience, inclusive of undergraduate summer internships, part-time fellowships, and student-run activities
General Catalyst embraces our responsibility to create a sense of belonging for all races, identities, genders, and backgrounds across our industry. We are committed to diversifying our industry in terms of both investors and the founders we back.