Our full-time User Experience Design immersive is a life-changing educational experience where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on a new career in UX Design.
We are looking for Instructional Associates to play a role on our growing instructional team for our 10-week full-time User Experience Design Immersive.
Why be an Instructional Associate?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for user experience design with the next generation of designers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for people who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love.
As an Instructional Associate for our flagship full-time immersive programs, you will join us on our Sydney campus to:
- Work closely with one or more Lead Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeships and entry level roles.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of UX Designers.
- You must have at least 2 years relevant work experience in the following areas:
- Usability Testing
- User Research and Personas
This role is based in Sydney, Australia. Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia before applying.
Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.