Front Lines Associates are the face of our General Assembly community, both online and on campus. You’ll work closely with our Marketing and Operations teams to assist with daily community events including event production, answering customer queries, entering data, launching workshops and managing our diverse pool of speakers and partners.
We’re looking for someone bright, friendly, and organised to be the first touchpoint for our community. You’re a planning wizard who makes sure everything runs smoothly behind the scenes, taking initiative and solving any problems on the fly. You are ready to tackle a fast paced environment and all that goes into producing an amazing event for our community, from sending run-sheets to making sure the tech is running smoothly. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background and a readiness to handle lots of moving pieces.
This is a casual remote role with the view to work from the Sydney campus in early 2022 pending the COVID-19 situation in Sydney. We are looking for someone who is available 2-3 evenings per week (weekdays), please include your availability in your application. This role will report to the Campus Operations Manager.
- Being the first point of contact for our community and directing enquiries to relevant departments;
- Responding to customer enquiries via our email management system, social platforms and over the phone;
- Understanding our products and acting as a brand ambassador for GA;
- Owning and running classes, workshops and event launches, both remote and on campus;
- Presenting high-energy introductions for events and welcoming our audience;
- Assisting marketing and operations teams with administration, data entry, reporting and speaker outreach;
- Greeting everyone who walks through the campus doors and checking in guests;
- Ensuring our classrooms and event spaces are clean, safe and set-up prior to class;
- Troubleshooting AV/technical issues that arise;
- Ordering food and beverages for courses and events; and
- Other responsibilities as required by the GA APAC team.
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly.
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanour in challenging situations.
- You enjoy wearing many hats and learning new tasks.
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately.
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Prior customer service experience (startup and/or marketing experience a plus).
- Must be able to lift up to 10 kg.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognised as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.