General Assembly has partnered with Tamkeen to build a national academy in Bahrain and train 1,200+ people in new-economy skills. The academy will support individuals as they launch or accelerate their careers, providing best-in-class education in data analytics & data science, software engineering, ux design, product management, digital marketing, and more!
*This is a not a GA employee position and the candidate would be working for a third party*
The Career Coach (CC) is an integral member of the Middle East Outcomes team. The goal of the Career Coach is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. A balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, developing market specific career development curriculum, delivering programs and content appropriate for the tech industry, and ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner and find roles that they are passionate about. The Career Coach will partner with corporate hiring managers to build relationships and ensure that graduates have access to top companies as they explore career options. They will work with the student success and instructional teams internally.
- Manages a robust pipeline of students and graduates through scalable and innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, employer engagement
- Responds to students and job seeker needs to identify challenges and mitigate areas of struggle to develop cohesive and intentional action plans
- Strives to understand and engage the local tech scene and incorporate this community and perspective as much as possible
- Serves as an accountability and thought partner to students and local GA teammates (Instruction, Admissions, Marketing) and communicates a consistent, thoughtful, and unified message
- Drives partnership relationships with top companies to ensure that GA graduates have access and visibility with hiring managers as they explore their career options.
- Delivers meaningful programs that meet the Outcomes Baseline Commitment and incorporates the 5 Themes to Outcomes Success to reinforce best practices and empower job seekers to lead a successful and strategic job search
- Coach & Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming.
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements (Baseline Role Expectations)
*Minimum tenure is 18 months before transition to Senior Career Coach
- Performance Goals
- 65% Outcomes in 90 days, 95% in 180
- 90% of grads qualified and kicking off their job search within two weeks of graduation
- 15% or less of “Not Seeking” grads
- 15% or fewer grads on Outcomes Extended Pathway
- NPS coaching score of 3.8 or higher
- Able to successfully manage caseload of 75+ students/grads
- Tech-readiness of grads: We shouldn’t be graduating students who are not tech ready; Develop and foster a bi-weekly feedback loop with course instructors to evaluate student performance to ensure graduation requirements are being met and students are job ready.
- Outcomes Qualification: All graduates qualified within two weeks of graduating.
- Coaching Outreach: All job seekers contacted every two weeks for job search strategy partnership (high risk every week).
- Outcomes Extended: All participants in extended pipeline program have clear expectations and have completed all requirements of program eligibility.
- Student + Graduate Tracking: Student and Graduate updates are entered into Outcomes Tracker within 48 hours of engagement.
- Partnership Engagement: Engages local community to source candidate recommendations and create added employer:student touchpoints throughout programming
- Demonstrates excellent command over coaching knowledge with the ability to scale and innovate effective content delivery
- Demonstrates thought leadership with local team to execute a best-in-class student experience at all levels of the student life cycle
- Engages with team members in an authentic, friendly, and productive manner to foster team cohesion amongst peers globally and locally
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Instills Trust
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Manages Ambiguity
- Is bilingual in Arabic and English (Spoken and Written)
- Have at least 2 years of career coaching, partnerships, and community management experience,
- Understands General Assembly's brand and ethos and you are able to represent us at our best, in the community.
Looking for availability beginning August 2022. This role will be on a full-time, contracting (CDD) basis.