Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The HR Team comprises HR Operations, Talent Management (Business Partners), and Talent Acquisition. The HR Operations Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of employee and contractor lifecycle management including Oracle HCM data, benefits enrollments and HR compliance and project management efforts.
What you’ll do
65% of your time will be spent:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of employee and contractor lifecycle data and systems management:
- Ensure HR Ops team has prepared all employee and prospective employee paperwork completely and accurately and in compliance with local, state and/or country compliance laws
- Ensure the team follows all processes for on-boarding, off-boarding and employee/contractor changes within established timeframes
- Monitors Applicant Tracking System, Trello boards, Benefits Enrollments and Oracle HCM worklist activity to ensure actions/requests are completed timely and nothing falls through the cracks
- Ensure all benefit enrollments and eligibility files are prepared and processed based on the respective benefit plan’s guidelines and terms.
- Ensures data integrity of all employee and contractor data input into Oracle
- Owns the management of Oracle HCM transaction console and communicates workflow concerns and issues to HRBP or Senior Manager - HR Operations when necessary.
35% of your time will be spent:
- Manages HR projects which includes working with cross-functional teams to ensure project plans and milestones are documented, stakeholders are kept abreast and on track and rollout communications are thoroughly vetted
- Assists with development and implementation of company policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and takes point on all compliance related notifications and actions
What you enjoy:
- Multi-tasking and establishing a rhythm and operating system for meeting all deadlines
- Operations, loves data and systems and takes pride in accuracy and timeliness
- Results driven with focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Being a strong communicator in both verbal and written forms
- Respecting private information and confidentiality
What you possess:
- 6+ years HR Operations experience in a fast paced and highly evolving environment
- Must be highly proficient with MS Excel
- Oracle HCM experience preferred
- Proven track record of successfully building effective working relationships across departments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear