WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Technology Content Specialist, you will provide subject matter expertise in the technology field, supporting learning designers and other team members in the analysis, scoping, and development of technical content material. You will have a background in front end development, backend development or software engineering and have a keen interest in/or experience in education and learning.
This role has flexibility to be 100% remote.
- Help identify the key concepts, tools and principles of technical content based on front and backend engineering, devops, cybersecurity, cloud development or other topics to be identified.
- Support account directors and client success managers in the pre-sales process, including helping identify client needs and assist in scoping solutions.
- Support product and instructional teams in identifying software engineering learner goals and proposing creative learning solutions.
Design & Development
- Support sales and client success teams in evaluating the feasibility of learning solutions in technical fields.
- Work with learning designers to evaluate external tools for feasibility in supporting technical training.
- Support learning designers in developing learning goals and scopes and sequence, or other outcomes of software engineering training.
- Partner with learning designers to contribute to the creation of learning content, instructor guides and assessments.
- Work with learning designers and product teams to train, onboard and support the continuous improvement of designed curriculum.
- Where needed, support the instructional teams in teaching or training on technical subjects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
About our ideal candidate:
- Has at least 3 years of experience working in software development or technical engineering environments.
- Experience teaching software engineering, computer science or other similar topics is a plus.
- Experience creating learning content, such as instructional videos, tutorials, handouts, practice coding assignments, or assessments is a plus.
- Passionate about supporting entry to tech careers and skills for diverse learners
- Background in a client-facing role or technical sales, either supporting or managing, is highly desirable
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiarity with Google Suite, and LMS content management and authoring tools, as well as learning tools used in a variety of learning settings.
Remote in the US following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MA, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, NY, OR, PA, RI, SC,TN, TX, UT, DC, WA, WI, VT, VA