Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for a full time, enthusiastic new team member. You’ll be responsible for contractor engagement lifecycle as well as providing support to the contracts, accounts payable and HR operations teams. This role will work closely with Accounting, HR Operations and management teams who engage with contractors..
- Novatus administration : Reach out to Contract Coordinators/Instructor Managers to troubleshoot discrepancies as it relates to classification status (employee vs. contractor) and provide guidance on how to rectify issues as they arise.
- Responsible for contractor lifecycle management ensuring coordination with managers of contractors to on and off board them per contractual periods.
- Flag issues to Finance/HR Leadership as they develop related to contract instructors with details of issues and examples of proposed solutions.
- Run reports from Oracle and Novatus as needed to support issues/solutions raised.
- Input and verify contractor data in Novatus/CMIR Board as well as Oracle HCM (HRIS) database ensuring utmost accuracy.
- Ensure updates in both systems are input timely by monitoring CMIR Board tickets.
- Assist the AP Lead with reconciling payment issues relating to contract instructors vs. employees that must be paid for additional services.
- Communicate across multiple departments to align strategy on issues raised/proposed solutions.
- Continually question and upgrade processes to increase efficiency and scalability.
- Effective multi-tasker with strong attention to detail
- Effective at building working relationships
- Enjoys data and operations and takes pride in getting it right - is accurate, detail oriented and produces results that do not need correcting
- Strong grammatical written and verbal skills - communicates effectively
- Is a confidential person and respects private information
- 2+ years of accounting or HR support experience in a busy, fast paced office environment preferred
- Experience must include regular, daily written and verbal communication volume
- Experience using CRM or similar systems as well as HRIS systems, Oracle HCM Cloud preferred
- Ability to monitor several communication channels at once (slack, gmail etc)
- Comfortable with Excel and other Microsoft systems