WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Events Marketing Associate is an integral member of the Washington D.C. Marketing team. You'll lead our audience development strategy by capturing and creating value through high-impact, high-volume events and be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies and organizations in Washington D.C.'s tech, design, startup and enterprise ecosystem.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience and maintaining a highly engaged community that adds value to GA students, campus and business. Fostering growth, using scale to our advantage and helping empower people to pursue the careers they love.
- Identify relevant new audiences and the best way to bring them to GA
- Own and implement event plan and strategy, with an emphasis on production and execution, including the format, content and cadence of events, and how we promote them.
- Serve as the local face of GA by planning and executing in-person events on campus
- Cultivate new partnerships and maintain relationships with current partners
- Find and engage local experts in tech, design, and business to participate in events
- Meet quarterly audience growth targets by securing promotional and content partners for marketing events.
- Keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding user acquisition strategies
- Establish external partnerships, developing and managing the partner pipeline
- Contribute your creativity and expertise to drive GA's holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events and local campaigns from concept stage through to launch.
- Identify and market new and existing compelling topics by creating enticing event descriptions and marketing materials.
- Manage a busy schedule of activity and events that run every day and night of the week.
- Have at least 2 years of event marketing, partnerships, or community management experience,
- Understand General Assembly's brand and ethos and you are able to represent us at our best, in the community.
- Past experience in managing contractors, consultants or temp staff.
- Action Oriented
- Innovation Management
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus