Who are we?Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Marketing Producer, you will own Boston’s marketing plan from end to end. You'll create a plan that allows us to grow the business efficiently by capturing and creating value through high-impact, high-volume events and be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies and organizations in Boston's tech, design, startup and enterprise ecosystem.
You will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience and maintaining a highly engaged community that adds value to GA students, campus and business. You will also be responsible for planning and executing regular workshop programming, including hiring & management of instructors and managing against a P&L.
You'll also depend on many other departments and people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Student Experience team, the Global Marketing team, the Admissions team, and more) and should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, and work collaboratively to shape timelines and marshall the right resources from groups beyond your own.
- Identify and market new and existing compelling topics by creating enticing events. Contribute your creativity and expertise to drive GA's holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events and workshops from concept stage through to launch.
- Planning + Forecasting: Develop a quarterly events and workshops schedule that optimizes market demand and fills our event space and/or classrooms. Carefully select a mixture of content for your market and forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the proper speakers, partners and instructors to ensure quality programming that fills the room.
- Execution and Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers and instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy and coordinating with our admissions team on strategic alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA and responsible for high-energy introductions and kickoffs for programs.
- Partnership Outreach & Management: You will cultivate new partnerships and maintain relationships with current partners in order to co-develop event content and co-market events on campus.
- Instructor Recruiting and Management: Finding talented instructors and experts is the key to developing a great class or workshop. You will source and evaluate the right people for the job and interface with them while they teach with GA.
- Managing the Student Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great in-class experience. Through student feedback and impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success and feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding your event and workshops plan, identify opportunities and optimizations and address pacing issues as necessary.
- You have 3-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - and a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, and content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, and remain calm under pressure.
- You are data-driven and comfortable with using and interpreting data to make decisions, present new ideas, and set strategies.
- You possess a “growth mindset” attitude towards learning and teaching as a craft.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all necessary parties externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively on a team demonstrating interpersonal savvy.
- You have a passion for education and for changing lives.
- You bring a contagious positivity and enthusiasm to the teams you join!
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Written Communications