WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Manager, Learning Experience Design, you will drive the learning strategy for your discipline (Tech, Data, Product, Design, & Marketing) to define what courses, activities, tools and patterns support the learning goals of your discipline. You will manage the learning for the whole portfolio of products in your discipline for both classroom-based and enterprise client settings, and oversee the work of learning experience designers in your team. You will work closely with the commercial product manager to define the strategy and products in that discipline, as well as the Manager of Learning Systems Design to prioritize the development and integration of new learning components into products.
This role has flexibility to be 100% remote.
- Define key skills, competencies, learning objectives and pathways within the discipline.
- Consume research, publications, conference presentations, or other content on the best practices, learning principles, and applications of disciplinary learning.
- Be familiar with the learning strategies employed by others in the field, and evaluate their effectiveness on meeting learning goals.
- Support sales teams or product teams in identifying client and learner goals and proposing learning solutions.
Design & Development
- Based on scoping requirements, oversee the creation of engaging and outcomes-driven learning experiences and products by leveraging innovative instructional design methods, patterns, and frameworks.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) to oversee the curation of existing learning components, design of new content, and the contextualization of existing content to meet learning needs, context and industry.
- Work with vendors, contractors and freelancers in content, assessment, and support material production.
- Oversee the creation of materials for instructors onboarding to learner contexts and program content
- Oversee the design and development of supplemental training materials such as classroom worksheets, posters, and surveys.
- Collect, synthesize and analyze data on learning impact for continuous improvement, refinement and content updating.
- Work with other research functions to conduct experiments, pilots, classroom observations and other data collection for evidence of learning impact.
- Where applicable, work with translation vendors in the localization of content.
- Work with product management and learning systems design teams to define the core products in your disciplines catalog.
- Work with product management and learning systems design teams to build out the library of product components, exemplars and documentation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has at least 5 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- Is fluent in the principles of learning and their application to adult and technical education
- Is able to conduct product and learning research, including experiments, pilots, observations, and user studies.
- Passionate about supporting entry to tech careers and skills for diverse learners
- Background in a client-facing role, either supporting or managing, is highly desirable
- Has ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiarity with Keynote and Google Suite, and LMS content management and authoring tools
- Ideally has an advanced degree in learning sciences, educational psychology, adult learning, TVET or other related fields.
*US applicants must be located: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MA, MI, MD, MN, MI, NC, NH, NY, OR, PN, RI, SC,TN, TX, UT, DC, WA, WI, VT, VA