Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our US team. Your role will consist of generating opportunities from General Assembly’s top priority, highest potential accounts. As the owner of these accounts, you will be in charge of developing personalized reach-out strategies to connect with the target persona and transform intent signals into a sales pipeline.
More specifically, you will be in charge in your territory to qualify inbound leads and contact potential customers through cold-calls, email, and LinkedIn. Throughout your conversations, you will detect customer pain points, understand their context, and how we can help. You will evangelize collaborative learning in the market, and pitch GA’s value proposition.
To achieve your goals, you will benefit from top-notch capabilities to conduct research on prospect logos, identify potential targets, and gather contact information to initiate email sequences. you will also receive inbound leads generated from marketing initiatives. Working in close collaboration with marketing operations, demand gen, and sales, you will benefit from thorough onboarding and continuous learning & coaching opportunities as you grow.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Finish onboarding and begin your core role as a BDR
- Master the pitch and inbound qualification methodology
- Start qualifying leads and create your first opportunities
Within 3 months, you will:
- Fully master our product stack and ramp up on outbound
- Lead qualification efforts with GA’s top priority prospects based on intent and company profile
- Create your first opportunities on GA’s top priority accounts
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be fully ramped on outbound methodologies
- Reach 100% of monthly target & share opportunities to improve our GA’s outbound processes
The Skills Set
- Previous experience of at least 24 months hitting targets as a BDR or SDR in a B2B SaaS/EdTech environment
- Previous experience in outbound and/or account-based outreach
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for learning and education
- Preferred but not mandatory: experience using Salesforce, OutReach CRM, and Yesware
- Enthusiasm/positive/collaborative attitude